You may have already seen on social media that the Griddy celebration is in FIFA 23, but how exactly does one do the Griddy in the game, and what is the Griddy anyway?
If you're reading this, you probably already know that the Griddy is a sporting celebration/viral dance trend that has been getting a lot of attention on both sides of the Atlantic for a while now.
So, what does it take to do the Griddy in FIFA 23, and what else do you need to know about it? Keep on reading and we'll tell you everything.
How to do the Griddy in FIFA 23
To do the Griddy in FIFA 23, this is what you need to do:
- Hold down the right trigger while your player is celebrating a goal
- Flick the right stick upwards, twice in quick succession
Note that the right trigger has different names on each console: it's R2 on PlayStation, RT on Xbox, and ZR on Nintendo Switch. The right stick is the same across the board, though.
What is the Griddy? Viral celebration dance explained
The Griddy is a celebratory dance move that Allen 'Griddy' Davis created. It was first seen on Snapchat, before NFL player Ja'Marr Chase began using it at major sporting events.
The Griddy involves tapping your heels, swinging your arms back and forth and bringing both hands up to your face in a glasses shape (that last bit is known as 'throwing your Bs').
Justin Jefferson is among the NFL players to get involved with the trend, and the Griddy was even included as an emote when Jefferson was added to Fortnite.
Christian Pulisic of Chelsea is among the Premier League footballers to deploy the Griddy on this side of the pond, and Manchester United's Anthony Elanga has also 'hit the Griddy' on numerous occasions (see below).
Read more on FIFA:
- FIFA 23 review - EA flounders in extra time
- Best FIFA 23 formation & tactics - top tips from pro coach
- FIFA 23 wonderkids - the best young players
- FIFA 23 cheap players - bargains and free agents
- FIFA 23 strikers - the best ST and CF
- FIFA 23 wingers - best LW, RW, LM and RM
- FIFA 23 goalkeepers - best GK for Career Mode or FUT
- FIFA 23 midfielders - best CDM, CM and CAM
- FIFA 23 defenders - best RB, LB, CD, LWB and RWB
- FIFA 23 fastest players - add some pace to your side
- FIFA 23 cheapest 84, 85 and 86-rated players - boss that SBC
- FIFA 23 FUT Squad Battles rewards - when and how to get them
- FIFA 23 FUT Division Rivals rewards - the key details
- FUT Champs FIFA 23 rewards - all the info you need
- Twitch Prime Gaming FIFA 23 - when do the rewards start?
- Is FIFA 23 down? How to check EA server status
- FIFA 23 lengthy players - pace meta explained
- Madfut 23 release date - when's it coming?
- FIFA 23 World Cup mode - everything we know
- FIFA 23 Garang Kuol - is he worth buying?
- Is FIFA 23 the last FIFA game? All the details
- FIFA 23 Arsenal ratings - the full squad
- FIFA 23 OTW - Ones to Watch revealed
- FIFA 23 Jack Grealish - all his stats
- FIFA 23 TOTW - latest confirmed cards
- FIFA 23 early access - how to get it
- FIFA 23 crossplay - new feature explained
- FIFA 23 ratings - the best players revealed
- FIFA 23 Ted Lasso - all modes confirmed
- FIFA 23 soundtrack - the songs of the season
- FIFA 23 chemistry - changes explained
- FIFA 23 Man Utd ratings - this year's squad rated
- FIFA 23 price - how much does it cost?
- FIFA 23 web app - what you need to know
- FIFA 23 Heroes and Icons - all FUT World Cup cards
- EA Sports FC - what do we know about the reboot?
- FIFA soundtrack - every song from every game
The latest issue of Radio Times magazine is on sale now – subscribe now and get the next 12 issues for only £1. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times podcast with Jane Garvey.