Fancy trying your hand at a virtual pub quiz? Online quizzing is the new craze sweeping the nation as we all look for new ways to keep ourselves occupied indoors, with friends and family competing across House Party, Google Hangouts, Zoom or Messenger.
But when it’s your turn to host, it can be tricky to come up with killer questions that’ll hopefully both challenge and delight your quizzers!
This is the James Bond pub quiz – a themed round featuring 20 fiendishly difficult questions related to her Majesty’s finest, agent 007.
All questions and answers are below – From RadioTimes.com with love…
And once you’re done, why not try our TV pub quiz, film pub quiz, music quiz or sport pub quiz for size? Plus there’s many, many more pub quizzes available as part of our bumper general knowledge pub quiz.
- Which director helmed the most James Bond films?
- What was the first Bond film *not* to take its title from an Ian Fleming novel or short story?
- Which actor portrayed both Henderson in You Only Live Twice (1967) and Blofeld in Diamonds Are Forever (1971)?
- What is the first car that we see James Bond drive on-screen in the first movie Dr. No (1962)?
- Who played “Jimmy” Bond – an American version of 007 – in a US TV version of Casino Royale in 1954?
- Christopher Lee played Bond villain Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gun (1974) – but what relation is he to Bond author Ian Fleming?
- Which 00 agent is murdered early on in Octopussy (1983)?
- What does the acronym “SPECTRE” stand for?
- Which Bond film has won the most Academy Awards?
- What is the shortest James Bond film?
- Which two Bond movies feature Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Zukovsky?
- What was the first Bond title song to reach No. 1 in the UK’s Official Singles Chart?
- What is the name of Madonna’s character – a fencing instructor – that she plays in Die Another Day (2002)?
- Who is the first character killed in a James Bond movie?
- Joe Don Baker – who later played CIA agent Jack Wade in Goldeneye (1995) and Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) – played which villainous character in The Living Daylights (1987)?
- Felix Leiter is maimed by a shark in the film Licence to Kill (1989) – but in which Ian Fleming novel does this sequence appear?
- What is revealed to be Blofeld’s birth name in Spectre (2015)?
- Who is the only Bond actor to drop to one knee during their opening gun-barrel sequence?
- How many actors have played M in the official James Bond film series?
- What was the original planned title for Licence to Kill (1989)?
- For the latest news and expert tips on getting the best deals this year, take a look at our Black Friday 2021 and Cyber Monday 2021 guides.
- John Glen (Eight – For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, A View to a Kill, The Living Daylights, Licence to Kill)
- Licence to Kill (1989)
- Charles Gray
- Sunbeam Alpine
- Barry Nelson
- Lee and Fleming were cousins
- SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, Extortion.
- Skyfall (it won five Oscars in 2012)
- Quantum of Solace (106 minutes)
- Goldeneye (1995) and The World is Not Enough (1999)
- ‘Writing’s on the Wall’ by Sam Smith, from Spectre (2015)
- Strangways (Timothy Moxon) in Dr. No (1962)
- Brad Whitaker
- Live and Let Die
- Franz Oberhauser
- George Lazenby
- Four (Bernard Lee, Robert Brown, Judi Dench and Ralph Fiennes)
- Licence Revoked