David Tennant fans react to "sassy" Ahsoka droid performance
Huyang is quickly becoming an Ahsoka fan favourite.
But one character has proven particularly popular with Ahsoka fans: Huyang, the Mark IV architect droid professor who taught Jedi younglings how to construct lightsabers, has already provided some enjoyably light comic relief to the show.
And many were also pleasantly surprised to realise that the character is voiced by none other than David Tennant.
The beloved Doctor Who actor is reprising his role as Huyang, and it was a part that Tennant actually won a Daytime Emmy for after his performance in animated series The Clone Wars.
Well, it's safe to say that audiences are loving Tennant's Huyang once again in Ahsoka, with viewers quickly flocking to Twitter (which has recently rebranded as X) to air their excitement over the character.
More like this
One fan wrote that while they initially forgot that Tennant was in Ahsoka, it was a "lovely surprise" when they did eventually tune in.
Another was already lining up the award show nominations for Tennant once again, tweeting: "Give David Tennant another Emmy for playing Huyang."
There was no shortage of praise for Tennant's acting, with another viewer writing: "David Tennant is so great at playing sassy, comical characters who conceal a huge amount of insight and heart."
"David Tennant is such a brilliant actor, I’ll always love him from Doctor Who (plus of new Who he’s the last Doctor I’ve yet to meet). But to have him as Huyang is awesome. I’m glad he’s back," another wrote, while one Ahsoka fan reminded others that, while we're loving "sassy David Tennant droid Huyang", they are actually a "key character" in the Star Wars universe.
What could be in store for Huyang and Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano? We'll just have to wait and see.
- Invasion creator reveals terrifying new alien twist for season 2
- Doctor Who Christmas special confirmed – new season to air spring 2024
The new series also features Ray Stevenson as Baylan Skoll, and following his death, the first Ahsoka episode was dedicated to the acting legend. His performance as Baylan Skoll was one of his final roles following his death in May, aged 58.
The cast of Ahsoka shared moving tributes, including Dawson, who wrote on Instagram: "A giant of a man… [Ray Stevenson], stunned and reeling from this tragic, devastating news. Gone too soon from this world.
"At a loss for words… just wanted to mark this moment and share your ever ready and present smile. Love you forever. Holding your family in my heart."
- What time is Ahsoka out on Disney Plus?
- Ahsoka release schedule: When is episode 3 on Disney Plus?
- Meet the cast of Star Wars series Ahsoka on Disney+
- Who is Morgan Elsbeth in Ahsoka and what are the Nightsisters?
- When is Ahsoka set in the Star Wars timeline?
- Ahsoka dedicates first episode to late actor Ray Stevenson
- Ahsoka's Rosario Dawson features on Radio Times sci-fi special cover
- Who is Ezra Bridger? Star Wars: Rebels character returns in Ahsoka
- Ahsoka review: A slow but steady start for Rosario Dawson's Star Wars hero
- Ahsoka star Rosario Dawson on her Lord of the Rings inspiration
- Who is Sabine Wren? Star Wars: Ahsoka rebel explained
- What does Ray Stevenson play in Star Wars’ Ahsoka? Cast pay tribute
- Star Wars Rebels actor "wouldn't say no" to Ahsoka appearance
- Ahsoka sees Lars Mikkelsen return as iconic Star Wars villain
- How to watch the Star Wars movies in order: Every order from chronological timeline to release date
New episodes of Ahsoka drop every Wednesday on Disney Plus. Sign up to Disney Plus for £7.99 a month or £79.90 per year.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 10 issues for only £10, PLUS a £10 John Lewis and Partners voucher delivered to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.