EastEnders' Cindy Williams Jr to be "mentioned" amid Michelle Collins return
We could be seeing Cindy Jr one day...
Actress Michelle Collins has confirmed that her on-screen daughter Cindy Williams Jr. will be "mentioned" in upcoming EastEnders episodes.
The fourth child that Cindy Beale gave birth to, Cindy Willaims Jr. grew up believing that her mum died from complications giving birth to her in 1998.
Meanwhile, Cindy Jr. (Mimi Keene) went to go and live with her aunt Gina in Devon, later arriving in Albert Square in 2013 and living with her half-siblings Lucy and Peter and as a ward to their dad, Cindy's first husband Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt).
More like this
During her time in Walford, Cindy Jr. gave birth to a daughter Beth who later went to life with the child's father TJ Spraggan, while Cindy Jr. eventually departed the show in 2015 to live with her boyfriend Liam Butcher (James Forde) in Berlin, Germany.
Upon Liam's temporary return in 2021, then played by Alfie Duggan, it was revealed that Liam and Cindy Jr. were still a couple and lived in Germany.
Now, when questioned by RadioTimes.com regarding whether we will be seeing or hearing from Cindy Jr. any time soon now we know her mother is alive, Collins remained enigmatic.
"I have mentioned her, obviously, obviously," commented Collins, "but I don’t know, I can’t really tell you too much about her but I know she is alive. That’s about all I know. Who knows?"
So, the show will definitely address at least how Cindy feels about leaving her now oldest surviving daughter, but it remains to be seen if we will see anything of Cindy Jr. again.
Actress Mimi Keene has found acclaim for her role as Ruby in the hit Netflix series Sex Education, but could she put in an appearance in the soap? Or could we see another recast if Cindy Jr does make her way back to Albert Square?
- 6 EastEnders spoilers next week: Cindy Beale's shocking return rocks Walford
- EastEnders icon teases return of Cindy Beale's "bad" side in love triangle
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins on Cindy Beale meeting Lucy’s killer Bobby
- Michelle Collins almost played another iconic EastEnders character
In the meantime, Cindy will have her hands full with her other children as Peter Beale (Thomas Law) is also back in Walford, while she is reunited with daughters Gina (Francesca) and Anna Knight (Molly Rainford).
Another person who will be of interest is Peter's half-brother, Bobby Beale (Clay Milner Russell), as he killed Cindy's firstborn daughter Lucy - which also eventually drove Cindy Jr. to leave Walford.
When asked about Cindy's relationship with Bobby, Collins said: "It’s difficult, that relationship. He did something and he paid for it, but it’s hard for Cindy to understand that. These are the things that we’re addressing and working through, but I have had some great scenes with Clay."
- EastEnders 2023 summer preview: 5 spoilers from Chris Clenshaw
- EastEnders' Shona McGarty quits role as Whitney Dean after 15 years
- EastEnders star Lorraine Stanley to be written out of Karen Taylor role
- EastEnders' Gillian Taylforth teases Kathy and Rocky future after Jo's threats
- EastEnders is nowhere near the axe – it's having a renaissance
- EastEnders' Gillian Taylforth supports comeback for Kathy’s Hills family
- The WAGs of EastEnders' legend Ian Beale, from Cindy to Jane
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw promises “big” Christmas for the Beales
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins teases Cindy’s scenes with love rival Elaine
- Will Jacqueline Jossa return full-time to EastEnders as Lauren Branning?
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins confirms flashbacks and Cindy Beale breakdown
- EastEnders must give tragic heroine Whitney the happy ever after she deserves
- EastEnders legend Angela Wynter explains Yolande Trueman return
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer. Visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch, check out our TV Guide and Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 10 issues for only £10, PLUS a £10 John Lewis and Partners voucher delivered to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.