Fortnite Xbox Cloud Gaming: How to play on iPhone & Android mobile
Cloudy Condos on the Cloud.
If you weren't already aware, you can play Fortnite - one of the most popular shooters of our era - on your phone, and this isn't some gimmicky mobile version of Fortnite (like the janky spin-off phone games of the '00s). This is the actual game.
Of course, as well as a few other issues that we'll detail, it depends on your phone. It might not be playable on a device from 2009, for example. Also, you'll need a decent internet connection to play.
With the ongoing spat Epic Games has with both Google and Apple, downloading the Fortnite app has proven difficult of late. However, there is another way to play the game on your portable device - and that other way is Xbox Cloud Gaming (available on both Android and iPhone).
What's even better is, this service is free. Wondering how to do it? We share all below.
How to play Fortnite with Xbox Cloud Gaming on Android and iPhone
To play Fortnite with Xbox Cloud Gaming on Android and iPhone devices, you’ll need to first link your Epic Games account to your Microsoft account.
Simply log in to Epic Games and head to your account settings. Find and select “Connections”, scroll down to Xbox and choose to connect. Sign in and you’re linked up and good to go.
Now that you have linked your Epic Games and Microsoft accounts, simply follow these steps to play Fortnite with Xbox Cloud Gaming on Android:
- Head to the Xbox Cloud Gaming website (do so here)
- Sign in via the blank avatar image in the top-right corner of the screen
- Find Fortnite and play for free
- It should be on the home page of Xbox Cloud Gaming, but if it isn’t you’ll need to search for it
Thankfully, it truly is a simple process. If you want to speed things up for future use, too, you can always bookmark the page on your browser or add it to your home screen for quick access. Simply tap the blue share button on Safari or the three dots symbol on Chrome and select “Add” or “Add to Home Screen”. Hey presto, you’ve got Fortnite on your smartphone again.
Remember, too, that with Xbox Cloud Gaming you should be able to play Fortnite with touchscreen controls or a controller (the Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S controller should work fine).
Read more on Fortnite:
- Is Fortnite down? How to check the server status
- Fortnite battle pass - all the season 4 skins
- New Fortnite map - learn the points of interest
- What's in the Fortnite Item Shop today?
- Fortnite characters - where to find all NPCs
- Fortnite Refer A Friend - how to get the free skin
- Fortnite Anime Legends pack - all the details
- How to slide in Fortnite - which button is it?
- Fortnite gaming chair - price and where to buy
- Fortnite live event - when is the next one?
Discover more with Fortnite creative map codes: Fortnite horror maps | Fortnite action-adventure maps | Fortnite hide and seek maps | Fortnite Zone Wars maps | Fortnite fighting maps | Fortnite parkour maps | best Fortnite creative maps | Fortnite Squid Game map codes | Fortnite Monopoly code | Fortnite I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here code | Fortnite Doctor Who map code
Hungry for more gaming? Visit our video game release schedule, or swing by our hubs for more Gaming and Technology news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home — subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.