We're going a little bit old school here but even though The Sims 4 has been out for ages, and The Sims 5 is incoming, The Sims 3 remains a go-to game for many.
And that probably isn't too surprising, as the option to start again on a new game with a new set of characters may not appeal to everybody. So, at the very least, this makes The Sims 3 a game that is worth revisiting for many.
And just like cheats in The Sims 4, there are a fair few here in The Sims 3 too! If you want to know what the special codes are, we have you covered below.
How to use The Sims 3 cheat codes
First up, there are different ways to play The Sims 3, so here is how to access the cheats from each of them.
- Activate The Sims 3 cheats on PC: Hold Ctrl and Shift, then press C
- Activate The Sims 3 cheats on Mac: Hold Command and Shift, then press C
- Activate The Sims 3 cheats on PS3: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
- Activate The Sims 3 cheats on Xbox: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
Once you do this, you will be ready to enter your code of choice!
Before we get to them though, if you want to edit things like friendships or traits, or you want to teleport or change your career, then enter "testingcheatsenabled true" and you will be able to edit all sorts of things by clicking on them.
- Sims 4 mods – tweak the game
- Sims 4 expansions - what to buy
- Sims 4 challenges - test your skills
- The Sims 4 pronouns – how to change them
- The Sims 5 release date – latest rumours
- The Sims 4 Werewolves – all the key details
- The Sims 4 free - when does the game go free?
Full list of The Sims 3 cheat codes
So then, you know how to cheat... but what cheats can you use?
Below you will find all the available cheat codes you need, and what you will get when you use them.
- help – Display most cheats
- kaching – +1,000 Simoleons
- rosebud – +1,000 Simoleons
- motherlode – +50,000 Simoleons
- familyfunds [sims last name] [money wanted] – most money possible is 9,999,999. This saves you from constantly entering the “motherlode” cheat several times
- shazaam – +2,500 lifetime happiness points to active Sim
- modify traits – Set or clear traits
- make happy – Sets all mood/moodlets for everyone in the house to perfect; removes negative moodlets
- make motives [static|dynamic] – Set motives static or dynamic for the entire household
- set age [number] – Set age of the Sim
- ageuptonpc on – Ages up a Sim into a non-controllable NPC who lives in your household. Works on children.
- forcetwins – enter after clicking on a pregnant Sim
- edit in cas – Take the Sim back to Create-a-Sim
- make me know everyone – Selected Sim knows every other Sim
- make friends for me – Make several random friends for selected Sim
- resetsim [first name] [last name] – Return Sims to safe and neutral state at home
- freerealestate – Ignore the cost when buying a lot
- buydebug – Lets you buy anything, including locked objects
- add to household – Add active Sim to current household
- force service sim [name] – Force a specific service Sim to appear
- force visitor – Forces a neighbour to show up
- set career [career] [level] – Give selected Sim a career
- force opportunity – Click career building you work at to force an opportunity
- force all events – Click career building to display all events for the career consecutively
- unlockoutfits [on|off] – View career outfits and service uniforms. This code must be enabled before entering Create-A-Sim mode
- force event – Click career building you work at to force an event
- moveobjects [on|off] – No limitations for placing/moving objects
- constrainfloorelevation [true|false] – Force terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structures
- disablesnappingtoslotsonalt [on|off] – Objects will not snap to slots while holding Alt
- fadeobjects [on|off] – Objects fade when camera gets close to them
- snapobjectstoangle [true|false] – Toggle 45 degree angle object snap
- snapobjectstogrid [true|false] – Toggle snap to grid for placed objects
- hideheadlineeffects [on|off] – Show or hide talk/thought balloons above Sim’s head
- slowmotionviz: [0-8] – Slow motion visuals; 0 is normal, 8 is slowest
- fps [on|off] – Toggle framerate display at top right
- fullscreen [on|off] – Toggle full screen
- quit – Quit the game
- jokeplease – Print random joke to console
- enablellamas [on|off] – Llamas enabled message
Get more from games with cheat codes: GTA 3 cheats | GTA San Andreas cheats | GTA Vice City cheats | GTA 5 cheats | Little Alchemy cheats | Pokémon Emerald cheats | Age of Empires 3 cheats | RDR2 cheats | LEGO DC Super Villains cheats | LEGO Star Wars codes | Roblox promo codes | Age of Mythology cheats | KotOR cheats | Shindo Life codes | Subway Surfers codes | Cookie Clicker cheats | A One Piece game codes | Little Alchemy 2 cheats | Sonic Origins cheats | Sonic Origins Blue Spheres codes | Saints Row 2 cheats | KotOR 2 cheats
The latest issue of Radio Times magazine is on sale now – subscribe now and get the next 12 issues for only £1. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times podcast with Jane Garvey.