Hogwarts Legacy Demiguise Statues: All moon locations revealed
Need help collecting the Demiguise Statues? We'll walk you through the lot.
If you've landed on this page, you're probably already deep into hunting for Demiguise statues in Hogwarts Legacy. Where are those pesky moons located and, um, why do you need them again? Let's backtrack with a time-turner for a second to get some vital context.
As you traverse the corridors of Hogwarts in Hogwarts Legacy, some doors, you'll soon notice, are locked. And this isn't just in the school. In the village of Hogsmeade, and in the wilderness and hamlets surrounding, there are locked doors everywhere. So how do you open them and, most importantly, get the goodies on the other side?
First, you'll need to learn Alohomora by completing The Caretaker's Lunar Lament quest, in which caretaker Gladwin Moon teaches it to you. After that, however, you'll need to level up this spell in order to unlock even more doors (you'll notice that some locks are level 2, or level 3).
Collecting Demiguise statues is the only way to do this. So you'll need to be on the lookout for these golden ape-like figures holding a moon-shaped ornament.
Not only will you become a master of unlocking by the end, but there's a Hogwarts Legacy trophy once you collect every one. There are 30 in total, and it's worth noting that you can only collect them at nighttime.
Let's get started! We'll tell you where to find every Demiguise statue below.
Demiguise Statues Hogwarts Legacy: All moon locations
If you're more of a visual learner, we've found that the video below from YouTuber ESO is a very handy one for hunting down Demiguise Moons in Hogwarts Legacy:
You will find the first Demiguise statue after completing a quest from Gladwin Moon, Hogwarts' caretaker. In the quest, he teaches you the famous Alohomora unlocking spell (you'll need to use this to collect the statues' moons).
By collecting the moons for Moon, he'll upgrade Alohomora for you. Get him nine moons, he'll tell you how to unlock level 2 locks - 13 moons, level 3 locks. So, it's worth doing.
We'll also add that you can only collect the Demiguise statues at nighttime, so don't go looking in the day! Right, let's get started. We'll divide the list by region to keep it simple.
How to collect Demiguise Statues in Hogwarts
- Astronomy Wing: Professor Fig's Classroom - once you're in Fig's classroom, head to his office and it's right at the back, on a table near the fireplace.
- The Great Hall - on the right-hand side of the dining table, unlock the level 1 door and it's on a table in the centre of the room.
- Defense Against the Dark Arts Tower - unlock the toilets, and once you're in, the statue should be behind the stall with the sign on the door.
- Library Annex - head to the restricted section of the library, go all the way down to the basement, and it'll be just past the eye chest.
- Divination Classroom - the classroom is up a spiral staircase near the library annex. Once you've climbed the ladder and you're in the class, find the statue at the back.
- Hogwarts North Exit - once out of the gate, turn left and head towards the staircase and unlock the door in the wall, and it's on your right.
- Transfiguration Courtyard - once you're through the door by the fast travel point, unlock the door (we should add that this is a level 2 door, so you might need to come back for this one).
- Potions Classroom - once again, this classroom is just off the library annex. Bear left, and open the level 1 door into the next hallway. The item is in a level 2 room, so make sure you've unlocked level 2 before coming for this one.
- Beast Classroom - just off the bell tower, it's inside the hut (another level 2).
- Map Chamber - once back in the Hogwarts cistern, turn past the big stone dragon statue. There's a level 1 door, and a statue inside.
Demiguise Statues in Hogsmeade Village
- Tomes and Scrolls - head to the shopkeeper's bedroom, and you'll find it right next to an Eye Chest.
- Hog's Head - head behind the bar, and the statue should be on the other side of the wall with the big (live) hog's head.
- Dervish and Banges - once you're in the shop, it should be on the counter.
- Three Broomsticks - go through the main door and climb the stairs right to the top. Unlock the door, and the statue will be on a table in the middle of the room.
- Hogsmeade House - if you're still near the Three Broomsticks, head to the house on the right. Unlock the door, and the statue is upstairs.
- Hogsmeade House 2 - head to the small house across the road from the Brood and Peck. Unlock the door, and the statue is just above the fireplace.
- Hogsmeade House 3 - behind the Honeydukes shop there should be a small hut. Unlock the door and you should see it straight away!
- Hogsmeade House 4 - this is the second house to your left in the alleyway just past Ollivanders. It's a level 2 lock, so, again, you might need to come back later.
- Hogsmeade House 5 - finally, this house is next to J. Pippin Potion Shop. Another level 2.
Demiguise Statues in Highlands
- Northford Bog, Pitt-Upon-Ford - Head to the floo flame, and follow the path to a big house on the right. Once inside, head upstairs and the statue will be on the floor.
- Upper Hogsfield - head to the floo flame in Upper Hogsfield (northern part of Hogsmeade Valley), and follow the path to the house with the wheel leaning against the wall. Unlock the door, head inside, and you'll see the statue straight away.
- Aranshire - this is on the east side of South Hogwarts Region. Unlock the house closest house to the floo flame, and head upstairs for the statue.
- Lower Hogsfield - this area is in the South Hogwarts Region. There should be a house with a circular roof - head inside and look behind the door to find the statue.
- Brocburrow - This area is in the northeastern section of Hogwarts Valley. Go to the centre of town, and head to the house near the well with a level 1 lock. The statue will be on the floor, to your left as soon as you enter.
- Keenbridge - this area is in the centre of the Hogwarts Valley. Follow the path that heads west, and you should come across a house with pumpkins outside. Unlock the door, and there should be a statue right in front of you.
- Feldcroft - head to the east side of Feldcroft, and look for the house with the clothesline on the roof. Head inside, and there should be a statue on the windowsill to your left.
- Irondale - once you've fast-travelled to Irondale, you should immediately see a house with a triangular roof. Head inside, and there should be a counter to your right - and a statue behind it!
- Marunweem - once in Marunweem, follow the path north from the floo flame and unlock the door to the first house on your right. The statue will be behind a bar to your left.
- Bainburgh - Bainburgh is in the northern section of Manor Cape. Head to the house immediately to your left (at the spawn point) and open the door. The statue will be on a table next to the armchair.
- Cragcroft - once in Cragcroft, head to the centre. It's a large area, but the centre is marked with a big tree. Once there, head north until you see a merchant with a stall. There's a house right behind her - head inside, go upstairs, and the statue will be on the bedside table.
We hope this list has been useful for you! Once you've gone to all Demiguise moon locations and collected all the statues, make sure to keep checking your Owl Post, as you may receive an interesting letter. You can check out some more of our Hogwarts Legacy explainers with the handy list below.
Read more on Hogwarts Legacy:
- Hogwarts Legacy review - our full verdict
- Hogwarts Legacy potions - all recipes to know
- Hogwarts Legacy plants - what do they do?
- Hogwarts Legacy level cap - how to spend talent points
- Hogwarts Legacy Daedalian Key locations - House token guide
- Hogwarts Legacy best gear - the strongest outfits
- Hogwarts Legacy gold - get rich!
- Hogwarts Legacy Elder Wand - can you get it?
- Hogwarts Legacy cast - Simon Pegg and more
- Hogwarts Legacy DLC - what's next?
- Hogwarts Legacy mods - the best fan-made cheats
- Hogwarts Legacy New Game Plus - does it exist?
- Hogwarts Legacy Infamous Foes - where to find them
Hungry for more gaming? Visit our video game release schedule, or swing by our hubs for more Gaming and Technology news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.