Hogwarts Legacy cast: Voice actors revealed, including Simon Pegg
The Wizarding World welcomes a new set of voice actors.
Now that its release date is magically upon us, the key Hogwarts Legacy cast has been revealed, with some famous faces including none other than Simon Pegg providing their talent.
With pre-orders now open, you've probably made up your mind about the game, but who knows? Maybe a voice actor or two'll sway your mind. If not, our review might. There are some familiar faces and voices in this.
Of course, the headline news is that Simon Pegg has been cast in a major role. And no, it's not the 'drunk Ron Weasley' character that he jokingly portrayed on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon way back in 2015. (That appearance did create a handy image to use with this article, though.)
Instead, Warner Bros and Avalanche Software have confirmed that the Hot Fuzz star will play Phineas Nigellus Black, a "cantankerous Headmaster" who comes from "a long lineage of Slytherins". You might just notice a name relation to a famous Potter character there, too.
More ancestors of popular characters from the book are set to appear in the game as well. The deputy head, for example, will be Professor Matilda Weasley, an ancestor to Ron Weasley and his siblings. Lesley Nicol provides her voice there. She sounds like a mentor of sorts, who will help the player-character catch up (since they are joining Hogwarts as a Fifth Year student).
A host of actors have been confirmed for the open-world game, with more than a couple you might recognise. Read on for the full list of confirmed voice actors in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy cast list: All confirmed voice actors
Per the official announcement, which also gave us the images below, the following voice actors have been confirmed among the Hogwarts Legacy cast:
- Simon Pegg plays Phineas Nigellus Black (Headmaster, Slytherin)
- Sebastian Croft and Amelia Gething play the main character (Fifth Year student)
- Lesley Nicol plays Professor Matilda Weasley (Deputy Head, Gryffindor)
- Kandace Caine plays Professor Onai (Divination)
- Sohm Kapila plays Professor Satyavati Shah (Astronomy)
- Luke Youngblood plays Everett Clopton (student, Ravenclaw)
- Asif Ali plays Mahendra Pehlwaan (student, Ravenclaw)
- Jason Anthony plays Nearly Headless Nick and the Sorting Hat
- Enn Reitel plays Percival Rackham, Professor Ronen, and more
- Adam O'Connor plays Duncan Hobhouse
Showing item 1 of 9
If the player becomes a member of the Gryffindor, it sounds like you'll get a special encounter with Nearly Headless Nick. The press materials note that, "He may be the key to helping the Gryffindor player find answers crucial to solving a significant mystery – if they are willing to do him one small favour involving a bit of rotten roast beef!"
More like this
We're sure there will be many further actors added to that list as the release nears, and we'll be sure to let you know when that happens by updating this page. Watch this space, folks.
Hogwarts Legacy will launch on 10th February for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, with early access from 7th February with the Deluxe Edition. Older consoles are getting the game later in the year.
You can pre-order the game from Amazon or the retailer of your choice, or read more with the links below:
- Hogwarts Legacy release date - staggered launch explained
- Hogwarts Legacy house sorting quiz - take the text
- Hogwarts Legacy character creator - customisation revealed
- Hogwarts Legacy common rooms - tour all four
- Who is Phineas Nigellus Black? Sirius ancestor explained
- Hogwarts Legacy year - when is it set?
- Hogwarts Legacy multiplayer - is it co-op?
- Hogwarts Legacy Switch - handheld version explained
- Hogwarts Legacy PC requirements - the specs you need
- Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition - price for early access
Hungry for more gaming? Visit our video game release schedule, or swing by our hubs for more Gaming and Technology news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home — subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.