With just days to go until The Great British Bake Off springs back onto our screens, viewers have been treated to the full-line up of 2022 contestants who’ll be battling it out in Channel 4’s iconic baking tent.
One contestant hoping to wow judges Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood this year is Maxy, an architectural assistant from London.
But what baking experience does she have under her belt and what are her chances of taking the crown? Read on for everything you need to know about The Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant.
Who is Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant Maxy?
Job: Architectural assistant
Maxy is an Architectural assistant from London whose passion for baking began five years ago after she had her first daughter.
The 29-year-old was raised in Sweden and attributes her favourite flavours – cinnamon and saffron – to her Scandinavian upbringing.
Speaking about appearing on the show, she said: "I have always been a Bake Off fan, but never did I expect to ever be in the tent baking, did not feel as if I was a good enough baker! Friends and family have urged me to apply but I never knew if they were actually being serious or not."
She added: "I decided to apply in the end, and if I am to be honest, never expected to receive a call back. When I received a call confirming my place I was in disbelief, was over the moon, I was pinching myself and constantly felt like I must have been dreaming. I was also a little confused, what? me? how? haha. But overall ecstatic, felt like I had won the lottery. I still cannot believe it."
Talking about her strengths and weaknesses, she added: "I would say that cakes are my strength and breads and pastries are my weaknesses."
When does The Great British Bake Off 2022 start?
The Great British Bake Off 2022 will officially kick off on Tuesday 13th September, airing at 8pm. We can't wait!
The show will be available to watch on Channel 4 once again.
And don’t worry if you miss the episodes, as the show will also be available on Channel 4's catch-up service, All 4.
Get to know some of the other season 13 GBBO contestants:
- Meet Rebs, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and student
- Meet Abdul, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and electronics engineer
- Meet Will, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and DIY enthusiast
- Meet James, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and nuclear scientist
- Meet Kevin, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and music teacher
- Meet Sandro, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and nanny
- Meet Dawn, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and IT manager
- Meet Janusz, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and personal assistant
- Meet Maisam, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and student
- Meet Syabira, Great British Bake Off 2021 contestant and avid gamer
- Meet Carole, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and supermarket cashier
The Great British Bake Off returns to Channel 4 on Tuesday 13th September at 8pm. Looking for something else to watch? Check out our TV Guide or visit our dedicated Entertainment hub for the latest news.
The latest issue of Radio Times magazine is on sale now – subscribe now and get the next 12 issues for only £1. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times podcast with Jane Garvey.