Despite the recent scheduling changes due to the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Channel 4 has confirmed that Bake Off's 13th season will be airing as planned tonight, with a dozen bakers making their debut on the show.
One of the contestants who'll be hoping to win Star Baker this year is 60-year-old Dawn, an IT manager who loves experimenting with wacky and intricate designs when it comes to her cooking.
With quite a few passionate bakers to compete with, can Dawn beat her fellow competitors and join last year's winner Giuseppe and previous Great British Bake Off winners?
Here's everything we know so far about Dawn.
Who is Dawn?
Job: IT manager
Dawn is an IT manager from Bedfordshire. She lives with her partner Trevor (who spends a lot of his time tidying up after her) and is mother to three, step-mother to two, and gran/step-gran to four. Describing herself as an artist in and out of the kitchen, Dawn loves the challenge of an illusion cake (the more impossible-sounding, the better).
She prides herself on her steady hand and attention to detail, especially when it comes to the intricacy required for lace patterns on biscuits. Her favourite flavours are lemon, salted caramel and anything nutty.
What has Dawn said about signing up for Bake Off?
Asked if she thought she'd ever make it onto the Channel 4 show, Dawn said: "I dreamt about it but did I really? No, not in a million years! I just remember saying, 'Oh my word!' Or possibly something less polite! I had goosebumps and was shaking like a leaf!"
On her first week in the tent, she added: "The absolute joy that emanates from every single person involved in the show is delightful. It was lovely meeting lots of people who had been speaking to me regularly in the run-up.
More like this
"Then getting to know my fellow bakers, everyone was so unique, our shared passion for baking was terrific and we just laughed constantly even though we were petrified! And the grounds are so incredibly beautiful."
When does The Great British Bake Off 2022 start?
The new season begins on Channel 4 on Tuesday 13th September at 8pm.
It will see all the bakers tasked with their first Signature, Technical and Showstopper challenges, after which Paul and Prue will choose the first Star Baker of season 13, and unfortunately hosts Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas will have the responsibility of revealing which unlucky baker will be going home.
Get to know some of the other season 13 GBBO contestants:
- Meet Janusz, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and personal assistant
- Meet Maxy, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and architectural assistant
- Meet Rebs, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and student
- Meet Abdul, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and electronics engineer
- Meet Will, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and DIY enthusiast
- Meet James, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and nuclear scientist
- Meet Kevin, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and music teacher
- Meet Sandro, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and nanny
- Meet Maisam, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and student
- Meet Syabira, Great British Bake Off 2021 contestant and avid gamer
- Meet Carole, Great British Bake Off 2022 contestant and supermarket cashier
The Great British Bake Off returns to Channel 4 on Tuesday 13th September at 8pm. Looking for something else to watch? Check out our TV Guide or visit our dedicated Entertainment hub for the latest news.
The latest issue of Radio Times magazine is on sale now – subscribe now and get the next 12 issues for only £1. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times podcast with Jane Garvey.