Billed as 'Pokémon with guns', Palworld has taken the internet by storm over the past month. With a vast world, over 130 pals to catch and train, and over 12 million copies sold on Steam, it's proving to be more than just a fad.
But as with every game, there are elements that aren't for everybody. And not every player will relish in the idea of catching 'em all. As we said, there's over 130 pals. It'll take a while.
Fortunately, there's an alternative. In Palworld, you can breed various combinations of pals to get the monster you want. Saves traipsing up and down the Palpagos Islands if endless exploration isn't your bag.
However, breeding in Palworld is a delicate art. Let's take a look at how to do it in the first place, and the full list of combos...
More like this
How to breed Pals in Palworld
If you want to breed Pals in Palworld, you need to do the following:
- Construct a Breeding Farm
- Place a male and female Pal in the Breeding Farm
- Supply the Breeding Farm with cake and make sure it doesn’t run out
- Allow time to pass for the breeding meter to increase
- If the breeding process is successful, the female Pal will lay an egg
- Take the egg and pop it in an incubator
If you breed Pals of the same species, you can choose ones that have complementary stats for better-rounded Pals, or ones that have the same stats to buff them up. Lucky Pals (think Shiny Pokémon) can also be bred so that you can stock your base with the most overpowered Pals Palworld’s ever seen.
How to make cake in Palworld
Cake is required to get Pals to engage in breeding and to make it, you need to craft the Cooking Pot, which is unlocked at level 17.
The ingredients of which are as follows:
- Flour – x5
- Red Berries – x8
- Milk – x7
- Eggs – x8
- Honey – x2
We’re not sure what’s so special about this cake, but it is seemingly the most powerful aphrodisiac known to Pals. Who are we to question the logic? We write about video games, not animal husbandry, after all. Maybe this has been what’s missing from Pokémon all this time…
Breeding different Pal species in Palworld
You aren’t just limited to breeding Pals of the same species, as you can chuck any two different Pals of the opposing gender in the Breeding Farm and see what kind of Pal you’ll get at the end.
It’s best to put a little thought into this, however, as you can actually get some of the rarest and most powerful Pals in the game by doing this. For instance, by combining Necromus and Beakon you can take home an Astegon.
We’re not sure if Charles Darwin's work on the theory of evolution is canonically present within Palworld, but we’re sure he’d love this part of the game - and would be working overtime to make as much cake as possible.
Full list of Palworld breeding combos
There are over 19,000 Palworld breeding pair combinations.
That's way too many to list here, but you can find them all in a working Google Doc Spreadsheet which can be found over on Reddit.
According to that Palworld Breeding Combinations and Calculator doc, meanwhile, there are a number of unique breeding combos.
The full list of unique Palworld breeding combos is as follows:
- Relaxaurus + Sparkit = Relaxaurus Lux
- Incineram + Maraith = Incineram Noct
- Mau + Pengullet = Mau Cryst
- Vanwyrm + Foxcicle = Vanwyrm Cryst
- Eikthyrdeer + Hangyu = Eikthyrdeer Terra
- Elphidran + Surfent = Elphidran Aqua
- Pyrin + Katress = Pyrin Noct
- Mammorest + Wumpo = Mammorest Cryst
- Mossanda + Grizzbolt = Mossanda Lux
- Dinossom + Rayhound = Dinossom Lux
- Jolthog + Pengullet = Jolthog Cryst
- Frostallion + Helzephyr = Frostallion Noct
- Kingpaca + Reindrix = Ice Kingpaca
- Lyleen + Menasting = Lyleen Noct
- Leezpunk + Flambelle = Leezpunk Ignis
- Blazehowl + Felbat = Blazehowl Noct
- Robinquill + Fuddler = Robinquill Terra
- Broncherry + Fuack = Broncherry Aqua
- Surfent + Dumud = Surfent Terra
- Gobfin + Rooby = Gobfin Ignis
- Suzaku + Jormuntide = Suzaku Aqua
- Reptyro + Foxcicle = Ice Reptyro
- Hangyu + Swee = Hangyu Cryst
- Mossanda + Petallia = Lyleen
- Vanwyrm + Anubis = Faleris
- Mossanda + Rayhound = Grizzbolt
- Grizzbolt + Relaxaurus = Oserk
- Kitsun + Astegon = Shadowbeak
You can also use the incredibly useful Kimpton's Palworld Breeding Guide website to find out what Pal you get when you breed two Pals together and more.
Palworld breeding calculator
With over 130 Pals to breed, it gets complicated quickly when trying to figure out all of the potential combinations out there. Fortunately, people far cleverer than us have come up with a Palworld breeding calculator that takes out all of the guesswork.
One such example can be found on Palworld.gg and it's super simple to use.
All you need to do is select one parent, and then click on the second "Select Parent" box and add another Pal parent, and it will give you the outcome.
Alternatively, you can click on "Find All Combinations for Child ( reverse )" and select your desired Pal to bring up a list of all the potential combinations out there.
How to build a Breeding Farm in Palworld
To craft a Breeding Farm in Palworld, you need to reach level 19 and unlock it via Technology Points. It can then be built with 50 fibre, 20 stone and 100 wood pieces. Once constructed, you will be able to usher your Pals of choice in and wait for them to get busy.
To the right of the Breeding Farm fence is a crate where you need to put the cake. Keep it topped up or the breeding meter will stop and you won’t get your egg at the end of it. Once they are inside, well fed and happy, you’ll receive the notification 'Love is blossoming between two Pals'. How sweet…
Palworld is available in early access across Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows.
Read more on Palworld: Full list of Palworld Pals | Do Pals evolve? | Palworld vs Pokémon | Palworld on Xbox Game Pass vs Steam | Palworld bosses | Palworld mods | Palworld Anubis | Palworld base guide | Palworld map | Palworld Ore farm | Palworld patch notes | Is Palworld free? | Palworld sales numbers | Palworld Depresso | Palworld starters | Palworld breeding combos | Palworld PC requirements | Will Palworld come to PS4, Mac and Switch? | Palworld server status | Palworld multiplayer | Palworld achievements | Palworld reviews | Palworld release date