Former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been found guilty of assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival last August.
Stratford Magistrates’ Court District Judge Angus Hamilton today fined her £200 after convicting her of assaulting Savvas Morgan during an incident at the V-Festival in Chelmsford, Essex in August 2013.
The 26-year-old ex-N-Dubz singer is now awaiting sentencing.
Contostavlos’s assistant Gareth Varey, 28, was cleared of using threatening behaviour against Mr Morgan.
Earlier this week, another trial involving Contostavlos collapsed, when a judge at Southwark Crown Court dismissed the case.
She had been accused of brokering a drugs deal but the judge said there were “strong grounds” to believe the undercover reporter who wrote the story about the alleged deal had lied in his evidence.
Contostavlos is to speak in detail about her recent acquittal in a BBC3 documentary airing on Monday. Cameras have been following the singer ever since June 2013 when the newspaper story first appeared.
The singer, 26, said outside court that a year of her life had been “ruined” and that the conduct of the newspaper that first made the allegations was “a horrific and disgusting entrapment”.