Strictly Come Dancing has found its replacement for former host Sir Bruce Forsyth.
And they haven’t had to look too far to find her.
Claudia Winkleman, who has co-hosted the pre-recorded Sunday results show with Tess Daly for the last four series, has been confirmed as Sir Bruce’s replacement on Saturday nights.
Strictly speaking, Winkleman, 42, will actually be taking over Daly’s job of hosting the live post-dance interviews and judges scores section when the dancing competition returns to our screens later this year, while Daly will be filling Forsyth’s shoes, introducing the dances and asking the judges for their comments.
“I have loved Strictly since the second it appeared on our screens and I am honoured and thrilled to now be part of the Saturday night team. Working alongside Tess is always fantastic and I can’t wait to spend the weekends with her, our amazing dancers and the greatest judging panel on the planet,” said Winkleman, adding: “Sir Bruce is a living legend and we’ll all miss him very much.”
“I’m so pleased that I’ll be working with Claudia,” said Daly. “She’s long been part of the Strictly family and I’ve loved doing the Sunday show with her. It’s really exciting having two women host the show, and we are great mates so there’ll be lots of fun to be had on and off the dance floor.”
Bruce Forsyth revealed he was leaving the sparkly Saturday night reality TV show last month, saying: “It is now the right time to step down from the rigours of presenting the Strictly live shows. I am very proud of what the show has achieved and confident it will entertain the nation for many years to come.” The 86-year-old presenter will still host Strictly specials and the Christmas episode.
Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC1 this autumn