Sean O’Connor, the new executive producer of EastEnders, will get his first on-screen credit next month,
The new Walford boss, who has taken over from Dominic Treadwell-Collins, will be credited on Monday 11 July. although O’Connor’s actual storylines will not be broadcast until September.
Speaking to RadioTimes.com, a show insider said: “The July credit represents when Sean took over in a senior managerial role. His storylines will appear on screen from mid-September.”
O’Connor joins EastEnders following a critically acclaimed stint as editor of The Archers, a period that has had listeners gripped by Rob’s domestic abuse of wife Helen.
The 48-year-old has worked on EastEnders before – in the role of story producer, he was responsible for Trevor’s persecution of Little Mo, the revelation that Zoe was Kat Slater’s daughter, plus Dot Cotton’s marriage to Jim Branning.
Speaking back in February when his appointment as EastEnders’s new executive producer was announced, O’Connor said: “Dominic hands over EastEnders in robust health. It’s a testament to his endless commitment, infectious enthusiasm and rich imagination that the programme remains BBC One’s flagship drama.
“I’m thrilled to be back in Walford and particularly delighted to work once more with many dear friends and colleagues both backstage and on screen.
“I loved my time working at EastEnders previously; there’s nothing quite as challenging nor as rewarding. So I feel very honoured to be asked back to lead the wonderful cast, crew and production team at Elstree.”
You can watch a 60-second rundown of next week’s episodes of EastEnders below.
And visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers.