EastEnders star Brian Conley on whether Rocky could die at Christmas 2023
Rocky Cotton is currently engaged to marry Walford icon Kathy Beale, played by Gillian Taylforth.
However, a later twist revealed Rocky to be Tom Cotton and taking part in a long con with his niece Dotty Cotton (Milly Zero).
Now the character is poised to marry his beloved Kathy Beale (Gillian Taylforth) but many are wondering if he could be the mystery character set to die on Christmas Day following the flash-forward scene in February.
Speaking on Steph's Packed Lunch on Thursday (8th June 2023), Conley teased the flash-forward mystery.
Conley noted: "In February we had a lovely episode where it flashed forward to Christmas, and someone's dead in The Vic and Letitia is there in a wedding dress and she's covered in blood.
"So everyone's going, ‘O my God, who's dead?’, as well as all the actors in the show, and all you saw was it's a male, or is it, I don't know.
"You just saw the cufflinks and I think everyone has been looking out for those cufflinks for a while now."
However, despite the speculation of cast members, Conley claims that none of them knows who the victim is.
He said: “None of us have got a clue. I believe leading up to Christmas, there might be ten of us laying there so that it will be a big surprise to us as well.
“We're all going to maybe film a moment where we're all laying on the floor and then right up until the last minute they can reveal on Christmas Day who it is.”
It was then that Conley revealed has been left wondering whether Rocky could be the one to die.
"You're in an ongoing drama so you know people do pass away and you do live on tenterhooks, especially if you’re enjoying it,” noted the actor, "and we all are, they’re a lovely bunch, everyone there."
He added: "I'm very happy to be there and I just think what we're doing now and the fact that it’s the number one soap is very exciting."
At present, Rocky is engaged to marry Kathy but is set to be confronted by his wife Jo Cotton (Vicki Michelle) once again as their divorce papers remain unsigned and she has a secret to taunt him with.
Will Rocky and Kathy make it up the aisle?
- EastEnders cast: Who is joining, leaving and returning to the soap?
- EastEnders spoilers: Rose Knight mystery to be solved this month
- 6 EastEnders spoilers next week: Big ultimatum for Suki as Nish is arrested
- EastEnders boss wants to keep Linda Carter as "heart of the Square"
- EastEnders' Danny Walters worried for Keanu in Christmas flash-forward
- EastEnders' Jamie Borthwick promises Lola "gets the send off she deserves"
- EastEnders' George Knight proposes to Elaine and reveals mystery son
- EastEnders' Colin Salmon on personal reason he took George Knight role
- EastEnders' Kellie Bright fears "everlasting" Linda and Sharon feud
- EastEnders star Kellie Bright: "The show needed a Harriet Thorpe"
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw explains the “Knight in Shining Armour”
- Sam Mitchell to return to EastEnders ‘before the autumn’ after surprise exit
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer. Visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers.
Take part in the Screen Test, a project from Radio Times and the Universities of Sussex and Brighton, to explore the role of television and audio in our lives.