All Lightroot locations in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – reveal Depths map
Time to conquer the depths...
From the moment we saw the trailer, we knew The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom would carry the "dark sequel" trope. With heavier narrative themes for a broken Hyrule, it was always going to be less cheerful than 2017's Breath of the Wild.
But we weren't quite prepared for how literal this darkness would be. The Depths, a whole new underground map, is about as dark and gloomy as can be. When you begin exploring this creepy area, you'll need to stock up on Brightbloom Seeds if you don't want to rely on the sparse fires for your vision.
The Depths isn't an empty wilderness, after all. It has abandoned mines to explore, unique enemies to fight, and challenging puzzles to solve.
However, you'll be happy to hear that you won't have to rely on Brightbloom Seeds the whole time. There are points on the map called Lightroots that, as their name suggests, light up the darkness for you. They also become a fast travel point once you've activated them. Things don't seem so gloomy anymore, right? We'll share the location of each Lightroot below.
All Lightroot locations in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – full Depths map
Be sure to check out the video from JSkeleton's Nintendo World below. It not only shows you the complete map of The Depths, but a few tips on how to navigate the area. You'll also see what a Lightroot looks like, and how to activate it.
Skip ahead to two minutes into the video to see the full Depths map with all the Lightroot locations:
Rather than go through every location, we'll mention an interesting point (you might notice it eventually). The locations of the Lightroots are all directly below the Shrines' locations on the upper world map.
More like this
So the Lightroots are directly under the Shrines. If you have a Shrine on your main map, mark that exact spot on your Depths map (it's pretty much a mirror image), head there and you'll find a Lightroot.
And here's another fun fact: the names of the Lightroots, the eagle-eyed of you might have noticed, are the reverse of their respective Shrines. Pretty cool.
So if you take a look at our Shrines page, you'll know exactly where the Lightroots are! Good luck exploring The Depths.
Read more on Tears of the Kingdom:
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Skyview Tower locations - fill in the map
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Master Sword - how to get it back
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Hylian Shield - where to find it
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Green Tunic - get the look
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Paraglider - location revealed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Geoglyph locations - memories found
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Korok Seed locations - seeds unearthed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Great Fairy Fountain locations
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Lynel locations - they're back
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Dungeons - key details
- How long is Zelda Tears of the Kingdom? Hours needed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom review - our final verdict
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom cast - voice actors revealed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom OLED Switch - custom console
- Zelda timeline explained - series order
- Zelda Netflix series - rumours explained
Subscribe to our free Gaming Newsletter for weekly insights, and visit our Gaming hub for all the latest news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home — subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast