It is Thursday and that means one thing for players of Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops – Cold War – it’s update day!
As usual, you can expect there to be Call of Duty playlist changes and bug fixes in this weekly refresh, as well as a few surprises to keep us fans entertained. Certainly, these updates give us plenty of reasons to keep jumping back into the game and there has been a welcome change to shotguns too which fans have been asking about for some time.
But when will the CoD update drop this week, and what exactly will it change in Warzone and Cold War? Read on for all the details!
CoD update release date and time: What time does the weekly update drop on 6th May?
The Thursday playlist changes for CoD fans almost always take place at 6pm UK time, with this week’s instalment expected to drop at that exact time on Thursday 6th May 2021. It should be a nice little early evening treat, then.
Patch notes: What’s new in the 6th May CoD update?
While we wait for the weekly big blog post about this week’s CoD changes, and the patch notes, we have only been able to find out some of the changes that are on the way this week – but they will nevertheless be welcome ones for players of the game.
Here is what we know so far:
- Yamantau + Diesel 24/7 playlist launches which will allow players to play Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint matches on the latest 6v6 maps.
- Prop Hunt added to Yamantau and Diesel maps.
- Gunfight Blueprints returns to Featured Playlists.
- The CARV.2 tactical rifle can be unlocked via in-game challenges
- The addition of a four-item bundle called Plastik Prototype that includes the “Lazer Gun” Emblem, “Launch Control” Sticker, the Legendary “Konsole” Blueprint and “Brick”
- The Angels & Demons Anime Reactive pack launches that features the Ultra “Cursed Angel” Assault Rifle Blueprint and the Legendary “Divine Blossom” Sniper Rifle Blueprint as well as a few other exciting things!
We do not have much to report in terms of bug fixes this week, but that could all change as more information comes out.
One welcome change though, one that has been requested by players for a while now, is the reduction of the number of shotguns that can be found. They are normally littered in various places around the map and the complaint was there were too many – so a welcome fix this one.
- Six Days in Fallujah controversy explained
- Best order to play the CoD games
- Fortnite Neymar Skin and Soccer Ball LTM details
How to fix slow download speeds with the CoD update
As ever, with all of these CoD updates flying around, servers may struggle and our home internet networks could feel the strain. If your update seems to be taking ages to download, try the usual tips: cancel or pause any other downloads and streams; move as close to your Wifi router as possible, and connect up to it with an ethernet cable if you can. Hopefully, that will speed things up, and you’ll be playing the latest version of CoD in no time.
Check out some of the best subscription deals in gaming below:
- Get unlimited gaming with Utomik 3 month subscription for £13.49
- Buy Nintendo Switch Online 12 months membership for £14.99
- Get a 14-day trial of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £2.99
- Get PS Plus 12 months at CDKeys for £43.99
Looking for something to watch? See our TV Guide.