As seasoned Call of Duty fans will know, Thursday tends be the day on which Activision drops an update into Warzone and Black Ops - Cold War to freshen up both of the current CoD games.
At the very least, these Thursday updates can normally be expected to bring store updates and playlist changes, giving returning fans something a bit different to enjoy. Sometimes, you'll get some bigger changes worth of full patch notes, as well.
To learn what's going on in this week's CoD update for Warzone and Black Ops - Cold War, keep on reading for all the essential details as we try to answer all your big questions!
CoD update release date and time: What time does the weekly update drop on 29th July?
The Thursday playlist changes for CoD fans almost always take place at 6pm UK time, with this week's instalment expected to drop at that exact time on Thursday 5th August 2021. It should be a nice little early evening treat, then. Maybe you can squeeze in a game before dinner?
Read more on shooting games:
Patch notes: What's new in the 5th August CoD update?
We are still waiting on the patch notes for this week, which normally come from a new post on the Activision Weekly Briefing blog, so details are very thin on the ground at this stage.
Last week's update gave us a new Gunfight tournament and Double Weapon XP in both Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone, but we'll be sure to update this page when we learn more about this week's changes.
New playlists and modes in Call of Duty Season 4
Last week saw Combined Arms 24/7 returning to Black Ops - Cold War, while 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only came in to replace Gunfight Blueprints.
Read more on Call of Duty:
- All the Call of Duty games in order
- Call of Duty: Vanguard trophies & achievements list
- Call of Duty: Vanguard PC specs/requirements
- For the latest news and expert tips on getting the best deals this year, take a look at our Black Friday 2021 and Cyber Monday 2021 guides.
New CoD store bundles
And in terms of what's been going on in the store, last week's update delivered these goodies:
- Tracer Pack: Weaver Operator Bundle that contains Grigori Weaver as a playable operator along with three legendary weapon blueprints and the Krossbow Kollector special weapon.
- Tracer Pack: Firestorm Maxis Mastercraft Bundle: Contains the ultra rarity Phoenix Inferno assault rifle mastercraft and the legendary rarity Firebrand pistol. But that is not all as you also get Maxis Heat Seeker skin, wrist accessory, dirt bike vehicle skin, an animated calling card, animated emblem, and a charm - not a bad eight-item bundle this!
- Magma Fury Bundle: Contains Knight's ultra rarity Magma operator skin along with three legendary weapon blueprints, a wrist accessory, vehicle skin, emblem, and the Optical Illusion finishing move.
How to fix slow download speeds with the CoD update
As ever, with all of these CoD updates flying around, servers may struggle and our home internet networks could feel the strain. If your update seems to be taking ages to download, try the usual tips: cancel or pause any other downloads and streams; move as close to your Wifi router as possible, and connect up to it with an ethernet cable if you can. Hopefully, that will speed things up, and you'll be playing the latest version of CoD in no time.
In other CoD news, the rumours are intensifying around Call of Duty: Vanguard, which is rumoured to be the next WW2-themed game in the series. More on that as we hear it...
Follow Radio Times Gaming on Twitter for all the latest insights, or check out some of the best subscription deals in gaming below:
- Get unlimited gaming with Utomik 3 month subscription for £13.49
- Buy Nintendo Switch Online 12 months membership for £14.99
- Get a 14-day trial of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £2.99
- Get PS Plus 12 months at CDKeys for £43.99
Looking for something to watch? See our TV Guide.