But, who is behind the mask of Pearly King?
So far they've dropped hints that they're from the East End, leading many to speculate that EastEnders actor Danny Dyer could be behind the mask.
All will be revealed this weekend, Saturday 22nd October, when all the contestants in the Masked Dancer UK 2022 line-up will return to the stage.
More like this
Earlier in the competition, the likes of Jesse Metcalfe, Joanna Page, Stacey Dooley, Gareth Malone, Steph McGovern and Pillar and Post duo David Seaman and Frankie Poultney were unmasked.
As the grand finale takes place, here's everything you need to know about Pearly King - could they be this year's winner?
Who is The Masked Dancer’s Pearly King?
Dances, songs, clues and guesses
- Episode 2 - Going Underground by The Jam
- Episode 4 - I Like the Way by BodyRockers and I Love Rock 'n' Roll by Arrows
- Episode 5 - Hard to Handle by Otis Redding
- Episode 6 - House of Fun by Madness
- Episode 7 - Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer and I Like to Move It by Reel 2 Real ft. The Mad Stuntman
- Described as "the beast from the East End".
- Wearing a suit with 'King of the Hill' on the back.
- Seen playing the banjo with a pair of binoculars in his case.
- He said it has been nice to try on another character for size.
- In the VT, there's a plate full of sand, clams and CDs.
- "My mane is sometimes all I need to feel confident."
- Has admitted that they’re "part of a long tradition" and isn’t afraid of hard work.
- Some apples and pears (on the stairs) were spotted.
- Might rule the East End but also ruled another country beforehand.
- His golden man reminds him of a famous face he worked with previously.
- There's a red X in the background of the VT.
- He has "strayed in different directions to his pride" – maybe he was in a band?
- Tickets from London to Hollywood spotted in VT.
- Danny Dyer
- David Dickinson
- Ray Winstone
- Shane Richie
- Tom Hardy
The Masked Dancer theories
Is Pearly King Danny Dyer?
With all the clues suggesting that Pearly King is a real-life Cockney legend, it didn’t take long for viewers (and the judges) to start touting EastEnders star Danny Dyer as a potential contender.
The character’s jacket is emblazoned with 'King of the Hill' on the back, which could well be a nod to Dyer’s much-discussed royal ancestry: when he appeared on Who Do You Think You Are back in 2016, the actor discovered that he is in fact a descendent of King Edward III. Plus, the lion wearing a crown is part of the royal coat of arms.
Is Pearly King Joe Swash?
Like Danny Dyer, fans are convinced Pearly King is an EastEnders actor - and have set their sights on Joe Swash.
Previously starring as Mickey Miller in the soap, the actor also became King of the Jungle after winning the ITV show I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! back in 2008. And he is close to royalty as he recently married Stacey Solomon, who also won the series in 2010.
One viewer said: "Pearly King [is] Joe Swash. Close to royalty - married to Stacey Solomon, Queen of the I'm a Celebrity jungle."
Below is a list of all of contestants in season 2:
- Tomato Sauce
- Sea Slug
- Pillar and Post
- Pearly King
- Prawn Cocktail
- Odd Socks
The latest issue of Radio Times magazine is on sale now – subscribe now and get the next 12 issues for only £1. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times podcast with Jane Garvey.