Starfield sales numbers: How many people are playing and paying?
Does Starfield reach astronomical heights or has it crash-landed?
The world waited with bated breath for Bethesda’s next RPG epic - and, for a lot of us, they delivered.
To see just how well they’ve done, we’ll be taking a look at the Starfield sales numbers and how many people are playing and paying.
The numbers suggest that Xbox’s acquisition of Bethesda is really paying off. Sony has had oodles of hit exclusives in recent memory, with Microsoft not really having much on offer - but time will tell just how much of an impact Starfield will make.
What do we know about the Starfield sales numbers?
Many of these players will be on Xbox Game Pass, too, which won't count as traditional sales.
PlayTracker on X (formerly Twitter) reckons, based on their own data, that over 1 million players are playing the Premium Edition on both Steam and Xbox (and PC store) - putting Premium Edition sales well above 2 million copies.
Those stats are from 5th September, so not a bad start for a game that didn’t even have its full launch yet. The numbers are bound to be significantly higher now, and we’ll update you with the current stats when they become available.
How many people are playing Starfield?
Phil Spencer took to X (formerly Twitter), as well, to celebrate that there were over 1 million concurrent players on all platforms.
This went out at 4AM BST on 7th September, so this was mostly going to be comprised of players based in North, Central and South America, with a few European night owls and early risers further east.
If we take into consideration the stats offered by PlayTracker, the number of people playing Starfield post-launch will be in the many millions.
Read more on Starfield:
- Starfield review - our final verdict
- Starfield missions list - how far are you?
- Starfield tips and tricks - how to get started
- Starfield romance - all potential relationships
- Starfield character creation - all your options explained
- Starfield digipick - how to lockpick
- How long is Starfield? The hours you'll need
- Will Starfield ever come to PS5? Developer comments
- Starfield cast - all voice actors
- Starfield companions - who to recruit
- Starfield soundtrack - how to listen
- Starfield storage guide - don't be overburdened
- Starfield FOV - change your point of view
- Starfield FPS - developers explain 3ofps
- Starfield PC requirements - specs needed
- Starfield performance - potential fixes
- Starfield factions - all possible groups
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 10 issues for only £10, PLUS a £10 John Lewis and Partners voucher delivered to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.