Does Hogwarts Legacy have multiple endings? How your choices impact the story explained
We discuss the multiple endings of Hogwarts Legacy.
It's hardly surprising that a game of Hogwarts Legacy's scale has various outcomes. As soon as you start playing, it'll become evident that the choices you make will have an impact on certain results within the story.
Like titles such as Mass Effect and Dragon Age, the game has cause-and-effect mechanics, which effects relationships with NPCs, quest outcomes - basically the whole game.
If you're wondering about these outcomes (and don't have the time to do them yourself with multiple saves), keep reading - we're going to discuss them here. We should add that this article is spoiler-free!
Does Hogwarts Legacy have multiple endings?
Without spoiling anything, we'll say here that, yes, Hogwarts Legacy does indeed have multiple endings. There's a good ending, a bad ending, and a more universal ending that occurs a fair bit later – you'll reach that 'true' ending if you continue playing after the immediate threat is averted.
In terms of the good or evil ending to the main story, it's all to do with big decisions you make towards the game's climax. If you answer a certain couple of questions in a certain way... we won't spoil anything, but it should be obvious when you get to the final moments of the story.
Want a bit more of a warning? Fair enough! Suffice it to say that, towards the end of the game, you'll want to pick carefully, especially in a conversation with Professor Fig (regarding whether you want to unleash or contain a certain something) near the final repository. The option you choose shall come to pass, so make sure you pick the one you really want.
What about Hogwarts Legacy side missions?
It's not just the main story that has multiple outcomes - some of the missions and side arcs do too. For example, the epic quest line with Slytherin companion Sebastian Sallow can end in different ways depending on your choices.
More like this
To see all the possibilities, of course you'll need to play through multiple times and make the most of many, many saves. On your first playthrough though, we recommend going in blind and seeing what happens. Save the tinkering about for later!
Read more on Hogwarts Legacy:
- Hogwarts Legacy review - our full verdict
- Hogwarts Legacy potions - all recipes to know
- Hogwarts Legacy plants - what do they do?
- Hogwarts Legacy level cap - how to spent talent points
- Hogwarts Legacy trophies - the achievements you need
- Hogwarts Legacy release date - staggered launch explained
- Hogwarts Legacy cast - Simon Pegg and more
- Hogwarts Legacy house sorting quiz - take the text
- Hogwarts Legacy character creator - customisation revealed
- Hogwarts Legacy common rooms - tour all four
- Who is Phineas Nigellus Black? Sirius ancestor explained
- Hogwarts Legacy year - when is it set?
- Hogwarts Legacy multiplayer - is it co-op?
- Hogwarts Legacy Switch - handheld version explained
- Hogwarts Legacy PC requirements - the specs you need
- Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition - price for early access
Hungry for more gaming? Visit our video game release schedule, or swing by our hubs for more Gaming and Technology news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home — subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.