A decent gaming chair is more than just the icing on the cake to the setup in your room. If you're as old as we are, you'll want to be as comfortable as possible – especially during those marathons in which we game for a little longer than we should.
If you're on the hunt for a new gaming chair though, the first thing you'll notice is the plethora of options available. As with anything, if you're not sure exactly what you're after this can be a bit daunting. You might have a ton of cash spare and want the elitist of the elite, or perhaps you just want a more affordable, comfy seat in which to game, right?
Whichever camp you fall into, we've compiled a list to help you out. With Christmas 2022 just around the corner, we hope to help you or a loved one game in comfort this holiday.
How to choose the best gaming chair
Before you start your gaming chair hunt, here are some key things you will want to consider!
- Price: There are many gaming chairs out there, and there is no average price to use as a guide. You will find some that could be considered ludicrously expensive, while others are so cheap that you will be left wondering whether it is even worth considering. If one is cheap, do look into why to make sure you aren't just throwing away your cash.
- Comfort: You can spend as much time as you like looking for the best gaming chair design and the best value for money, but everything else will be irrelevant if it doesn't provide you with a comfortable gaming experience. Comfort is key for a gaming chair so make sure you are buying one that others have said keeps you comfortable for long durations.
- Materials: A large part of what makes a gaming chair comfy is the materials used to make it. Cheap material can make chairs hard to sit on, and the last thing you want in a gaming chair is one that you slowly slide off due to how it was made - so keep an eye on that!
Best gaming chairs at a glance
- Best overall: Secretlab Titan
- Best on a budget: Play Haha
- Best gaming chair to assemble: Razer Enki
- Best looking gaming chair: Corsair TC70
- Best for longevity: Secretlab Omega
Best gaming chairs to buy in 2022
- Incredible comfort
- Easy to assemble
- Nice amount of customisation
- It's a really heavy chair
- Can dominate the room
We do wish that Secretlab could have found a way to make this gaming chair a little on the lighter side, but we'll take the extra weight when the chair is this good. The Secretlab Titan really is one of the best gaming chairs that you can buy with great customisable aspects and a comfort level so good that you may never want to get off of it once you take a seat.
Read the full Secretlab Titan review
Buy the Secretlab Titan
Best on a budget
- Fantastic price
- Comfier than you may expect - and for long durations.
- Set up is cumbersome
There are those who would be suspicious of a gaming chair priced under £100 and especially suspicious of one under £70, but the Play Haha gaming chair is a worthy investment. You will get a chair that is comfy and looks great, and while assembling it is no fun at all, it remains excellent value for money and one well worth considering.
More like this
Read the full Play Haha gaming chair review.
Buy the Play Haha gaming chair:
Best to assemble
- Excellent design and build
- Really comfortable to sit in
- Quick and simple assembly
- More work needed on the armrests
- No tilt function
Gaming chairs can be clunky to assemble, but not so with the Razer Enki, which is quick and simple to do. And you will be delighted when you complete it as this is a great design that will look right at home in any set-up. There are some issues, the lack of a tilt function is odd, but this is worth every penny and will go the distance.
Read the full Razer Enki review.
Buy the Razer Enki:
- Great comfort over a long period of time
- Sleek design
- Great for posture
- Set up is much easier with two people
- Annoyingly short arms
The design of the Corsair TC70 is sleek and simple, and it would look perfect in a gaming set-up or even just as an office chair. It will help with your posture, and you will be unlikely to get uncomfortable even after hours of sitting in it. Setting it up is annoying and definitely easier with two people, but this is a gaming chair that we are happy to recommend.
Read the full Corsair TC70 review.
Buy the Corsair TC70:
Best for Longevity
- Comfortable and long lasting
- Great quality material
- Unable to adjust the head pillow
The Secretlab Omega, much like the Titan with which we opened this article, is a premium chair that doesn't come cheap. However, we rated it for longevity for a reason. After weeks of gaming on this chair, it'll be just as comfortable as the day you bought it. And believe us, it's hella comfy on the day you buy it. Plus, this version that's available on Amazon has some Batman branding on it, making it a perfect pick for DC Comics fans that also love to game. (If you fall into that category, don't forget to check out our Gotham Knights review while you're here!).
Buy the Secretlab Omega:
How we tested the best gaming chairs
All the gaming chairs in this guide have been tried, tested and reviewed by our tech experts. Each chair was tested against the same criteria before being given a final rating out of five.
The categories we considered included the design of the chair, how easy it is to assemble, any additional features and how it performs - especially over a long gaming session! And, of course, we looked at the price to determine whether it is worse the many pennies that some of them cost.
To determine the scores (out of 5), we carried out a series of tests. For example, we timed the whole set-up process, and we spent a lengthy amount of time in the gaming chair to see how it performs over time.
All the chairs to make it into our best gaming chair guide received an overall rating of 3.5 or higher.