How to get Autobuild in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - final ability explained
Speed up that crafting!
Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been out just three days now, but we're already getting stuck into the side quests, mini games, and vast array of extra curricular activities that Hyrule provides. It's certainly living up to its predecessor.
One of the most important, and most fun, activities is crafting. The possibilities are many here, with an almost endless list of possibilities when it comes to item combinations. However, your DIY crafting will be at another level once you've unlocked Autobuild. With this, it will take much less time because you don't have to manually build things. All you need is the blueprint from your previous builds!
Along with activating the Skyview Towers, finding the Master Sword and retrieving the Hylian Shield, picking up the Autobuild ability should be fairly high on your to-do list with Tears of the Kingdom.
We'll walk you through how to grab this ability below. While you're doing it, you'll also get the Purah Pad Camera and Sensor, which also prove extremely helpful. Let's get started!
How to get Autobuild in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
For you visual learners, check out the video from YouTuber Austin John Plays above. Or follow our step-by-step guide below!
- To begin with, you'll need to start Robbie and Josha’s quests. You can pick them up at Looking Landing – just look for the people standing around having a conversation.
- In these quests, you'll head into the Depths and eventually unlock the Purah Pad Camera and Sensor (in the quest called 'Camera Work in the Depths').
- Keep up with their quests, and you'll soon start the quest called 'A Mystery in the Depths'. This is where you'll unlock Autobuild.
- Once you've started this quest, you'll need to head back into the Depths (you should know it well by now).
- You'll need to follow the direction of the statues, all pointing to your destination – The Great Abandoned Central Mine.
- Talk to the researchers, interact with the structure, and voila! A whole new ability will magically appear.
Don't worry about not knowing how to use it, because a tutorial will be provided. But there you have it, we hope you make the most of this function! We certainly are.
Read more on Tears of the Kingdom:
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Shrines - key locations
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Green Tunic - get the look
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Paraglider - location revealed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Geoglyph locations - memories found
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Korok Seed locations - seeds unearthed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Great Fairy Fountain locations
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Lynel locations - they're back
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Dungeons - key details
- How long is Zelda Tears of the Kingdom? Hours needed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom review - our final verdict
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom cast - voice actors revealed
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom OLED Switch - custom console
- Zelda timeline explained - series order
- Zelda Netflix series - rumours explained
Subscribe to our free Gaming Newsletter for weekly insights, and visit our Gaming hub for all the latest news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home — subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast