EastEnders summer return for Angela Wynter as Yolande Trueman
Patrick's ex-wife is set to make a return to Walford later this summer.
Fans will see Rudolph Walker return to our screens as Patrick Trueman in the coming weeks after having left Walford earlier this year to attempt to reconcile with his ex-wife Yolande Trueman.
Now actress Angela Wynter has said: "I have been really looking forward to playing her again and have had a beautiful time on set so far. I can’t thank the cast and crew enough for the warm welcome back."
Executive producer Chris Clenshaw added: "I’m thrilled to welcome the immensely talented Angela back to the role of Yolande Trueman. Although we haven’t seen Yolande for some years, her departure from the Square and the breakdown of her marriage to Walford’s living legend, Patrick, left some unfinished business between the pair.
"We, therefore, thought it was important to explore a reunion between the two. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have her back!"
A source had previously told The Sun: "This will be a huge thrill for EastEnders fans as she is considered something of a favourite among devotees."
They added: "She’s just one of several characters making a return to Albert Square and though she might not be as high profile as Ian and Cindy, she will certainly get just as rapturous a reception from veteran viewers."
Yolande Duke first arrived in EastEnders in 2003 after striking up a romance with Patrick in Trinidad, later marrying him in 2003.
The character worked in the Minute Mart and her most explosive story saw her feuding with Pat Evans (Pam St. Clement) when the latter had a fling with married Patrick.
Wynter was axed from the soap in 2008 with Yolande getting a senior job in the company owning the Minute Mart and left for her job in Birmingham with Patrick set to follow her. However, Patrick ultimately decided to stay in Walford, meaning they divorced.
More like this
A string of guest appearances occurred in 2017 which saw a brief reunion between Yolande and Patrick as she visited Walford on Minute Mart business.
So, will Yolande be back on our screens for good or does further heartache await Patrick?
- EastEnders 2023 summer preview: 5 spoilers from Chris Clenshaw
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw promises “big” Christmas for the Beales
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins confirms flashbacks and Cindy Beale breakdown
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw reveals impact of Cindy return on Knights
- EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt hypes up Ian reunions with Phil and Sharon
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins teases Cindy’s scenes with love rival Elaine
- 6 EastEnders spoilers next week: Kim faces court and Martin suspects Theo
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw on “different” Cindy and Ian reunion
- EastEnders' explosive Cindy Beale comeback is a campy soap triumph
- EastEnders' Ian Beale has heart attack and keeps huge secret from Cindy
- Will Jacqueline Jossa return full-time to EastEnders as Lauren Branning?
- 15 EastEnders questions we still have after Cindy and Ian Beale's return
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer. Visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch, check out our TV Guide and Streaming Guide.
Take part in the Screen Test, a project from Radio Times and the Universities of Sussex and Brighton, to explore the role of television and audio in our lives.