This article contains discussions surrounding domestic abuse, including coercive control, that some readers may find upsetting.
Suki Panesar (Balvinder Sopal) left Eve Unwin (Heather Peace) broken-hearted in tonight's EastEnders (15th June), ending their romance after son Vinny (Shiv Jalota) issued an ultimatum.
After Vinny realised that Suki had been having an affair with Eve, the person she truly loved, he headed away with the promise of telling his controlling dad Nish (Navin Chowdhry), who was still with the police after his arrest. Suki tried to chase after Vinny, but was still too weak from her accident, leading to her having another fall outside.
She was found by concerned Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) and Zack Hudson (James Farrar), who brought her back into the house. When they asked if they should get her stepson Ravi Gulati (Aaron Thiara), Suki instead asked for Eve, who rushed to her side and thanked the couple.
Suki was worried sick as she told Eve that Vinny knew everything, and pleaded with Eve to stop him from talking to Nish - knowing they couldn't risk the dangerous man finding out. Eve found Vinny, who was not interested in talking to her. But Eve asked him to at least hear his mother out, as she loved him very much.
More like this
Meanwhile, DS Miles and DC Callum Highway (Tony Clay) arrived to speak to Suki again, questioning her on whether she was being abused by Nish. Callum asked if Suki knew the term coercive control, and the officers went through the best ways of asking for help from the police. But Suki claimed she had no problems with her husband, and secured his imminent release by insisting that he hadn't pushed her down the stairs either.
Soon, Vinny returned home to see Suki again, where he ultimately promised to take the secret of his mum's affair to his grave, so long as she dumped Eve and committed to staying with Nish from now on. So Suki paid Eve a visit, explaining her situation.
She told Eve that the only thing she was sure of was that she loved her, but that she wasn't strong enough to stand up to Vinny and come out, despite previously promising Eve that she would. Eve tried to persuade Suki not to bow to the pressure from Vinny, as he would forgive her eventually; but Suki walked away.
Later, Nish pulled up in a taxi outside the Panesars, and Suki greeted him warmly, while a devastated Eve watched on from the Slaters in tears. Is this the end of SukEve? Well, fear not, as star Peace recently told RadioTimes.com and other press that hope is most certainly not lost!
- EastEnders cast: Who is joining, leaving and returning to the soap?
- EastEnders’ Heather Peace on whether Eve could kill Nish: ‘Anyone does anything if pushed’
- EastEnders’ Heather Peace hints that Eve and Suki’s big break-up isn’t the end
- EastEnders spoilers: Rose Knight discovery unnerves Linda Carter
- EastEnders boss wants to keep Linda Carter as "heart of the Square"
- EastEnders' Danny Walters worried for Keanu in Christmas flash-forward
- EastEnders' Jamie Borthwick promises Lola "gets the send off she deserves"
- EastEnders' George Knight proposes to Elaine and reveals mystery son
- EastEnders' Colin Salmon on personal reason he took George Knight role
- EastEnders' Kellie Bright fears "everlasting" Linda and Sharon feud
- EastEnders star Kellie Bright: "The show needed a Harriet Thorpe"
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw explains the “Knight in Shining Armour”
- Sam Mitchell to return to EastEnders ‘before the autumn’ after surprise exit
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer. Visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers.
Take part in the Screen Test, a project from Radio Times and the Universities of Sussex and Brighton, to explore the role of television and audio in our lives.