EastEnders spoilers: Sharon Watts dumped by Keanu after betrayal exposed?
Keanu exposed Sharon's betrayal by playing a voicemail from Lisa to a packed Queen Vic.
Sharon Watts has some explaining to do after her betrayal of Keanu Taylor was exposed in EastEnders on Monday (24th July 2023).
The long-running favourite from the BBC One soap surprised fans last week when she betrayed her fiancée Keanu (Danny Walters) by helping her former friend Lisa Fowler (Lucy Benjamin) escape Walford for Portugal with Keanu's daughter, Peggy.
Keanu had hoped to keep Lisa, who is Peggy's legal guardian, in the country in the hope that court action would prevent her from leaving and force her into an access arrangement for Peggy.
Having previously stolen Lisa and Peggy's passports in a bid to keep them grounded, Sharon (Letitia Dean) found them and agreed to keep them hidden.
However, a frank conversation with Lisa about the slim likelihood of Keanu winning access and also how she would refuse Keanu the chance to see Peggy if he fights her method of slowly introducing access saw Sharon change her mind.
With help from Lisa's former brother-in-law Martin Fowler (James Bye), Sharon secretly returned the passports to Lisa and she fled the Square, to Keanu's devastation.
On Monday, Keanu raged at Lisa's vanishing act and refusal to answer his calls and appealed to help from Eve Unwin (Heather Peace) and her legal contacts - but learned that all hope was pinned on Lisa being in the country and he would need to appeal to her family.
Despite trying to appeal to his old love rival Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) for help, Peggy's grandfather brutally rejected him.
Turning to his mother Karen Taylor (Lorraine Stanley) for advice, she planted the idea that Lisa was helped by someone in the house.
Keanu, trusting Sharon entirely, turned on housemate Martin and he owned up to helping Lisa, causing Keanu to kick him out of the house.
Martin was happy to take the blame for Sharon, wanting her to stay silent about her involvement to keep her family with Keanu alive.
Yet, as Keanu raged at home, he noticed a missed call and a voicemail from Lisa that thanked Sharon for aiding her in her escape and also revealed she did not intend to give Keanu access after his behaviour.
In the Queen Vic, Keanu stormed in as Sharon discussed the situation with Martin before Keanu produced Sharon's phone and played the voicemail in front of the pub - to Sharon's horror.
On Tuesday night (24th July 2023), Sharon is left with some serious explaining to do as she is forced to defend her actions to an angry Keanu.
Will Keanu be willing to listen to Sharon's valid concerns about his past behaviour or will her lack of honesty prove too much for him to handle?
Could this be the end of Sheanu?
- EastEnders 2023 summer preview: 5 spoilers from Chris Clenshaw
- EastEnders return confirmed for villain Graham Foster who raped Little Mo
- EastEnders' Gillian Taylforth teases Kathy and Rocky future after Jo's threats
- EastEnders is nowhere near the axe – it's having a renaissance
- EastEnders' subtle flash-forward clue may hint at Christmas murder victim
- EastEnders spoilers: Sharon Watts betrayal of Keanu exposed by voicemail?
- EastEnders’ Patsy Kensit to return for another appearance as Lola’s mum
- EastEnders star confirms Nish Panesar comeuppance amid Christmas theories
- EastEnders airs Christmas flash-forward clue with amber cufflinks twist
- EastEnders summer return for Angela Wynter as Yolande Trueman
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins confirms flashbacks and Cindy Beale breakdown
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw reveals impact of Cindy return on Knights
- EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt hypes up Ian reunions with Phil and Sharon
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins teases Cindy's scenes with love rival Elaine
- 15 EastEnders questions we still have after Cindy and Ian Beale's return
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer. Visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch, check out our TV Guide and Streaming Guide.