Whatever the time of year, you’ll always find a wide range of televisions on sale, and as you’ll see from our round-up, there’s plenty of smart TV deals to be had this April.
If you’re planning on buying a new TV, but you’re unsure which one is right for you, then take a look at our comprehensive guide on which TV to buy. Head to the spending section, where we’ll talk you through what you can expect to get for your budget.
TV prices vary – a lot. You can buy 32-inch smart TVs for as little as £150, with prices going up to about £350. For 43-inch models, you’ll generally pay in the area of £400 to £800, though we’ve seen 2020 models cost another £1,000. For 55-inch smart TVs, you can find older 4K models for a little over £400, with recent OLED TVs costing as much as £1,400. Then there are 65-inch and 75-inch models: recent models usually cost between £1,000 and £2,000, with OLED and 8K sets costing around £3,000 to £5,000.
Don’t miss our article on what is an OLED TV for more information about this high-end class of television – you’ll find a few OLED deals in our round-up below. And if you’re seeking out a TV from Samsung’s hugely popular QLED line, don’t miss our pick of the best QLED TV deals.
How to find a smart TV deal
- Searching during key sales periods: the New Year sales, Easter sales, and Black Friday sales are all perfect times to find the best smart TV price drops.
- Subscribe to retailers’ newsletters: they’ll keep you alerted with news of the latest deals and discounts.
- Many retailers, such as John Lewis and Currys, offer a price-match guarantee. So if you see a TV that’s cheaper elsewhere but no longer available, make sure you hold them to it!
- Amazon TV deal prices change rapidly, and it’s not always easy to see if a price drop is all that good. CamelCamelCamel is a handy online tool that tracks a product’s price history, to give you a better sense of the bargain.
Best cheap smart TV deals in April 2021
We’ve listed the hottest deals by screen size. If you’re not sure which size is right for you, so make sure you look at our what size TV should I buy guide, as well as our how to measure your TV screen explainer.
Top TV deal: LG NANO866NA 55-inch 4K TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa |
£999 £699 at Amazon (save £300 or 30%)
We’ve seen the price of this LG TV yo-yo for some time now. Much like Samsung’s QLED series, LG’s NanoCell TVs hit that sweet spot between run-of-the-mill 4K televisions and the premium (but pricey) OLED sets. If you’re after a TV that delivers an image with better colours, better contrasts and better blacks than average, but you want to keep your spending on a leash, we suggest you take a look over this deal at Amazon.
- Buy the LG NANO866NA 55-inch 4K TV from Amazon |
£999£699 at Amazon (save £300 or 30 per cent)
32-inch smart TV deals
A 32-inch TV isn’t going to make much of an impact in most living rooms. But you’re seeking out a mini-size telly – for your kitchen counter, perhaps – you’ll still find a few discounted models out there. Take note though, there aren’t any 4K sets on offer right now.
- Logik L32HE20 32-inch HD Ready LED TV |
£169.99£129.99 at Currys PC World (save £40 or 23%)
- LG 32LM6300PLA 32-inch Smart Full HD TV |
£229.99£219.99 (save £10 or 4%)
40 to 43-inch smart TV deals
Now’s a great time to pick up a 40-inch or 43-inch set, especially if you’re looking to upgrade to a 4K television. They’re growing increasingly ubiquitous, but to see them priced around the £300 mark is still a real find.
- JVC 40-inch LT-CA890 TV 4K TV with Google Assistant |
£259£229 at Currys PC World (save £30 or 11%)
- Hisense 43-inch A7100FTUK 4K TV |
£399£319 at Amazon (save £80 or 20%)
- LG 43UN71006LB 43-inch UHD 4K TV |
£479.99£359 at Amazon (save £120.99 or 25%)
- JVC LT-CA890 43-inch Smart 4K TV with Google Assistant |
£299£259 at Currys PC World (save £40 or 13 per cent)
48-inch to 50-inch smart TV deals
As we move into the mid-size televisions, we’re pleased to see that a lot of the TVs on offer are not only from well-respected brands like Sony and Samsung, but many also feature a built-in voice assistant, offering you hands-free control over your television.
- LG 49-inch NANO816NA NanoCell 4K TV |
£549£479 from Currys PC World (save £70 or 12%)
- LG 49-inch NANO866NA NanoCell 4K TV |
£699£649 from John Lewis (save £50 or 7%)
- Sony Bravia KDA9BU 48-inch 4K TV with Google Assistant |
£1,699£1,499 from Currys PC World (save £200 or 11%)
55-inch smart TV deals
All the 55-inch TVs we’re seeing on sale will offer you 4K picture quality – which is what you’ll want, for televisions of this size. As you can see, there’s range of LG televisions on sale at the moment. We’re hugely excited to see the price of those BX and CX drop to £1,098 – a sign that we’ll start to see these illustrious televisions soon come in at less than a grand.
- LG NANO866NA 55-inch 4K TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa |
£999£647 (save £299.01 or 30%)
- Samsung 2020 55-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£999 £795£691 from Amazon (save £308 or 31%)
- Samsung 55-inch UETU7100 4K TV |
£649£479 from Very (save £170 or 26%)
- Samsung 55-inch QE55Q80T QLED 4K TV |
£1599£1,099 (save £500 or 31%)
- LG 55-inch OLEDCX6LA 4K OLED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa |
£1,399 £1,299£1,199 at Currys PC World (save £200 or 14%)
- LG GX6LA 55-inch 4K OLED TV |
£1,699£1,599 from AO (save £100 or five per cent)
65-inch smart TV deals
As you can see, prices start to vary wildly in the larger screen sizes – you can spend as little as £429 or as much as £1,999 on a 65-inch TV right now. The more expensive models boast OLED and 8K picture quality, the exclusive domain of big spenders (for now, at least). It’s also somewhere we’re seeing some of the hottest savings in April.
- Toshiba UL2063DB 65-inch 4K TV |
£549£469 from AO (save £90 or 14 per cent)
- Panasonic TX-HX580BZ 65-inch 4K TV |
£749£679 from Amazon (save £70 or 9 per cent)
- Samsung 65-inch UETU8507UXXU 4K TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant |
£899£829 from Currys PC World
- LG OLED65BX6LB 65-inch OLED 4K TV |
£1,999 £1,799£1,599 from Very (save £400 or 20 per cent)
- LG 65-inch OLEDCX6LA 4K OLED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa | £1,999 £1,799 (save £200 or 10%)
- LG NANO956 65-inch 8K NanoCell TV |
£1,999£1,799 from Very (save £200 or 10 per cent)
- Samsung QEQ95TATXXU 65-inch 4K TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant |
£1,999£1,799 from Currys PC World (save £200 or 10 per cent)
- Samsung 65-inch QEQ800TATXXU 8K QLED TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant |
£2,999£1,999 (save £1,000 or 33%)
- Samsung 65-inch QEQ900TSTXXU 8K QLED TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant |
£3,499£2,499 (save £1,000 or 28%)
75-inch smart TV deals
Got the space for a 75-inch television? There’s a few on offer right now, but we’re going to steer you in the direction of that 34% price drop on Samsung’s 60-inch Q60T. A QLED television of this sound for not that much over £1,000 is a real boon, though with a brand-new range of ‘Neo-QLED’ TVs on the way from Samsung, we suspect we’ll see QLED price fall even further this year.
- Sony Bravia KDXH80 75-inch 4K TV |
£1,899£1,199 from Amazon (save £700 or 36%)
- Samsung 75-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£1,899£1,239 from Amazon (save £660 or 35%)
- Sony Bravia KDXH9005BU 75-inch 4K TV with Google Assistant |
£1,799£1,599 (save £200 or 11%)