No matter the time of year, there’s nearly always a substantial number of TVs on sale. And as you’ll see from our round-up of smart TV deals below, May is no exception.
If you’re thinking of investing in a new television, you’re also likely asking a lot of questions about which one is the right choice for you. If that’s the case, head over to our in-depth which TV to buy guide. In the spending section, we’ll talk you through what you can expect to get for your budget.
That’s thing thing: there’s a huge range of TV prices. There are 32-inch smart TVs out there for as little as £150, although most reputable models will come in at between £250 and £350. With 43-inch models, expect to pay in the area of £400 to £800, though there are some small Nanocell and QLED sets of that size for over £1,000. 55-inch smarts TVs can be found for as little as £400, though recent OLED sets can easily cost £1,200 to £1,400. Then there are 65-inch and 75-inch models: recent models usually cost between £1,000 and £2,000, with OLED and 8K sets costing around £3,000 to £5,000.
Don’t miss our article on what is an OLED TV for more information about this high-end class of television – you’ll find a few OLED deals in our round-up below. And if you’re seeking out a TV from Samsung’s hugely popular QLED line, don’t miss our pick of the best QLED TV deals.
How to find a smart TV deal
- Searching during key sales periods: the New Year sales, Easter sales, and Black Friday sales are all perfect times to find the best smart TV price drops.
- Subscribe to retailers’ newsletters: they’ll keep you alerted with news of the latest deals and discounts.
- Many retailers, such as John Lewis and Currys, offer a price-match guarantee. So if you see a TV that’s cheaper elsewhere but no longer available, make sure you hold them to it!
- Amazon TV deal prices change rapidly, and it’s not always easy to see if a price drop is all that good. CamelCamelCamel is a handy online tool that tracks a product’s price history, to give you a better sense of the bargain.
Best cheap smart TV deals in May 2021
We’ve listed the hottest deals by screen size. If you’re not sure which size is right for you, so make sure you look at our what size TV should I buy guide, as well as our how to measure your TV screen explainer.
32-inch smart TV deals
A 32-inch TV isn’t going to make much of an impact in most living rooms. But you’re seeking out a mini-size telly – for your kitchen counter, perhaps – you’ll still find a few discounted models out there. Take note though, there aren’t any 4K sets on offer right now.
- Logik 32-inch LHED20 LED TV with built-in DVD Player |
£169.99£149.99 at Currys PC World (save £20 or 11%)
- Philips 32-inch PHS6605/12 Smart HD Ready LED TV |
£220£169.99 (save £50.01 or 22%)
- LG 32LM6300PLA 32-inch Smart Full HD TV |
£229.99£219.99 (save £10 or 4%)
40 to 43-inch smart TV deals
Now’s a great time to pick up a 40-inch or 43-inch set, especially if you’re looking to upgrade to a 4K television. They’re growing increasingly ubiquitous, but to see them priced around the £300 mark is still a real find.
- Hisense 43-inch A7100FTUK 4K TV |
£399 £299£295 at Amazon (save £104 or 26%)
- LG 43UN71006LB 43-inch UHD 4K TV |
£479.99£359 at Amazon (save £120.99 or 25%)
48-inch to 50-inch smart TV deals
As we move into the mid-size televisions, we’re pleased to see that a lot of the TVs on offer are not only from well-respected brands like Sony and Samsung, but many also feature a built-in voice assistant, offering you hands-free control over your television.
- LG 49-inch NANO816NA NanoCell 4K TV |
£549£499 from Currys PC World (save £50 or 9%)
- LG 49-inch NANO866NA NanoCell 4K TV |
£699 £649£599 from John Lewis (save £100 or 14%)
- JVC 50-inch LT-CA890 Android TV 4K TV with Google Assistant | £399 from Currys PC World (save £80 or 20%)
55-inch smart TV deals
All the 55-inch TVs we’re seeing on sale will offer you 4K picture quality – which is what you’ll want, for televisions of this size. As you can see, there’s range of LG televisions on sale at the moment. We’re hugely excited to see the price of those BX and CX drop to £1,098 – a sign that we’ll start to see these illustrious televisions soon come in at less than a grand.
- LG NANO866NA 55-inch 4K TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa |
£999£678 (save £321 or 32%)
- Samsung 2020 55-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£999 £795 £645£599 from Amazon (save £400 or 40%)
- Samsung 55-inch UETU7100 4K TV |
£649£479 from Very (save £170 or 26%)
- Samsung 55-inch QE55Q80T QLED 4K TV |
£1,199£885 (save £314 or 20%)
- LG 55-inch OLEDCX6LA 4K OLED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa |
£1,299£1,198 at Currys PC World (save £101 or 7%)
- LG GX6LA 55-inch 4K OLED TV |
£1,699£1,599 from AO (save £100 or 5%)
65-inch smart TV deals
As you can see, prices start to vary wildly in the larger screen sizes – you can spend as little as £429 or as much as £1,999 on a 65-inch TV right now. The more expensive models boast OLED and 8K picture quality, the exclusive domain of big spenders (for now, at least). It’s also somewhere we’re seeing some of the hottest savings in May.
- Panasonic TX-HX580BZ 65-inch 4K TV |
£749 £679£609.16 from Amazon (save £139.84 or 19%)
- Samsung 65-inch UETU8507UXXU 4K TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant |
£899 £828£799 from Currys PC World (save £100 or 11%)
- LG OLED65BX6LB 65-inch OLED 4K TV |
£1,999 £1,799£1,599 from Very (save £400 or 20%)
- LG 65-inch OLEDCX6LA 4K OLED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa |
£1,999£1,798 (save £201 or 10%)
- LG NANO956 65-inch 8K NanoCell TV |
£1,999 £1,618£1,399 from Very (save £600 or 30%)
- Samsung 65-inch QEQ800TATXXU 8K QLED TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant |
£2,999 £1,999£1,799 (save £1,200 or 40%)
75-inch smart TV deals
Got the space for a 75-inch television? There’s a few on offer right now – take a look below.
- LG 75-inch UN71006LC 4K TV |
£849£778 from Currys (save £71 or 8%)
- Samsung 75-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£1,899 £1,239 £1,179£1,170.96 from Amazon (save £729 or 38%)
- Sony Bravia KDXH9005BU 75-inch 4K TV with Google Assistant |
£1,799 £1,599£1,499 (save £300 or 17%)