Samsung is officially the UK’s leading television brand, with a reported 15 million people in the UK watching TV on its sets in 2019, according to a nationwide survey. Samsung makes an exceptional range of televisions, with options to suit every budget. But of all of Samsung’s television lines, it’s the Korean manufacturer’s QLED line that has been earning the most accolades in recent years.
Not to be confused with OLED television, QLED is Samsung’s homegrown – and much more affordable – option. You can read more about the differences between the two in our what is an OLED TV explainer. While still making use of a traditional LED backlight, Samsung’s QLED televisions introduce a layer of ‘quantum dots’ to improve the quality of the picture, so you get a wider colour range, better contrast levels and blacker blacks.
You’ll also find that other brands, like Hisense, are now incorporating QLED technology into their televisions, clearly seeing its popularity on the market. In comparison to OLED televisions, which usually start at around £1,200, QLEDs are far more affordable – and you’ll regularly find them on sale. For a full walkthrough, be sure to read our what is QLED TV article.
If you’re not yet sure if you want a QLED TV, there’s always our guide on which TV to buy to help you figure out your options. And a complete list of the best discounts, don’t miss our pick of the best smart TV deals.
We also recommend you consider LG’s NanoCell line, which are similar in price and quality. If you’re unsure which to go with, check out our LG or Samsung TV explainer.
How to find a Samsung QLED TV deal
- Make notes of when key periods in the sales calendar: the New Year, Easter Weekend and, of course, Black Friday. It’s during these sales that we always see the sharpest price-drops and hottest deals on TVs.
- Subscribe to the newsletters that stores regularly send out: that way, you’ll be kept up to speed with any brand sales or other special offers.
- Keep in mind that many retailers, like John Lewis and Currys, work with a price-match policy. So if you see a television that’s cheaper elsewhere, but no longer available, make sure you hold them to it.
- Amazon often has some of the best TV price-drops going – but it’s not always easy to see how a good a deal you’re getting. CamelCamelCamel is an online tool that tracks the prices of products on Amazon – use this to get a better sense of the price history of any TV that’s on sale.
Top deal: Samsung 55-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£999 £691 from Amazon (save £308 or 31%)
With the upcoming release of a brand new ‘Neo-QLED’ line of Samsung TVs, the prices of QLEDs are starting to fall. All the same, here’s a discount on a premium 55-inch QLED that shouldn’t be missed.
A saving of over £300 is more than welcome on a television that comes with such a high-calibre picture quality, and is brought further to life by adaptive sound that fine-tunes whatever you’re listening to in real-time. Amazon’s TV deals tend to come and go very quickly: don’t miss out!
- Samsung 55-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£999£691 from Amazon (save £308 or 31%)
Best Samsung QLED TV deals in March 2021
43- to 50-inch smart TV deals
Televisions in the 40- to 50-inch are now considered small – but it’s worth remembering that they’re still often the best choice for smaller, cosier viewing spaces. The 27% discount on the 43-inch model from Samsung’s Q60T line is well worth a look – it’s probably on sale as so many more shoppers will gravitate towards a larger QLED set. But if it’s the right size for you, it’s a bargain.
- Samsung 43-inch QEQ60T QLED 4K TV |
£799£579 from Very (save £220 or 27%)
55- to 58-inch smart TV deals
It’s in the mid-size category that we’re currently seeing the most QLED TV deals right now.
- Samsung 2020 55-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£999£691 from Amazon (save £308 or 31%)
- Hisense QLED 55-inch U8QFTUK HDR 4K TV |
£999 £899£798 from AO.com (save £201 or 20%)
- SAMSUNG 58-inch QEQ60TAUXXU 4K QLED TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant |
£899£849 from Currys PC World (save £50 or 5%)
65- to 75-inch smart TV deals
Up at the super-size end of the size spectrum, we’re seeing the biggest discounts on QLED sets. Not everyone out there can set aside £2,000 for a new TV – but spending £500 on an 8K-quality TV is still a pretty solid offer. Get yours before everybody else does in five years time!
- Hisense 65-inch U7QFTUK HDR 4K QLED TV |
£849£796 from AO.com (save £53 or 6%)
- Samsung 75-inch UETU7100KXXU 4K TV |
£949£799 from Currys (save £150 or 15%)
- Samsung 75-inch Q60T QLED 4K TV |
£1,899£1,239 from Amazon (save £660 or 35%)
- Samsung 75-inch QE75Q60TA 4K QLED TV | £
1,999 £1,499£1,299 from AO.com (save £700 or 35%)