How to 'Climb the Battlements' in Hogwarts Legacy - make platform float
Or: how to get that ruddy crate to hover in the right place.
So, you've reached The High Keep in the long list of Hogwarts Legacy missions, and you've got stuck at the point where the game instructs you to Climb the Battlements. So how exactly do you climb them?
If you've landed on this page for that very reason, don't worry - you're not alone in getting stumped when asked to climb the battlements. And luckily, there is a way to proceed. This isn't a glitch or anything like that. It's just a bit unclear what you're meant to do to progress.
Keep on reading and we'll explain how to climb the battlements in Hogwarts Legacy so you can press ahead with the mission and get one step closer to that Hogwarts Legacy ending.
How to Climb the Battlements in Hogwarts Legacy explained
To climb the battlements in Hogwarts Legacy, you need to follow these steps:
- Use Revelio to reveal a hidden mechanism on the other side of the iron gate.
- Use Depulso to spin the mechanism controlling a small gate.
- Once the gate is open, use Accio to pull the big crate out of that room.
- Use Wingardium Leviosa to bring the crate over to the ledge that you're aiming for.
- Finally, and most importantly, use Levioso to hold the crate in the position you want.
For the final step, you need to use Levioso instead of Wingardium Leviosa to hold the crate in position. While Wingardium Leviosa is handy for moving items around, Levioso is the best for levitating those items in one fixed spot.
If you get this bit wrong and use Wingardium Leviosa instead of Levioso, the crate will drop to the floor before you try to climb on it. Go for Levioso instead, your original yellow levitation spell, and you won't have that problem.
Once the crate is hovering in front of the ledge, thanks to the power of Levioso, simply jump up to climb onto it. Hurrah! You can now move on further through the story.
If you get stuck at any point, the video above shows you how to climb the battlements in Hogwarts Legacy. As we said earlier, the crucial bit is to use Levioso at the final moment rather than Wingardium Leviosa.
The game doesn't go out of its way to make this clear. In fact, seeing as you have to learn Wingardium Leviosa before you can do this mission, this moment feels downright misleading. Use your old levitation spell, not your new one, and the chest will hover just where you need it. Magic, right?
Read more on Hogwarts Legacy:
- Hogwarts Legacy review- our full verdict
- Hogwarts Legacy potions- all recipes to know
- Hogwarts Legacy plants - what do they do?
- Hogwarts Legacy beasts - all mythical creatures
- Hogwarts Legacy DLC - what's next?
- Hogwarts Legacy Daedalian Key locations- House token guide
- Hogwarts Legacy best gear - the strongest outfits
- Hogwarts Legacy gold - get rich!
- Hogwarts Legacy Astronomy Tables - all locations
- Hogwarts Legacy Landing Platforms - broom challenge guide
- Hogwarts Legacy mods - the best fan-made cheats
- Hogwarts Legacy New Game Plus - does it exist?
- Hogwarts Legacy multiplayer- is it co-op?
Hungry for more gaming? Visit our video game release schedule, or swing by our hubs for more Gaming and Technology news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home — subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.