EastEnders' Ricky Norwood reacts to epic Fatboy return: "Absolutely thrilled"
Fatboy made a surprising return to screens.
Fans of EastEnders were shocked tonight (29th August 2023) when fan-favourite character, Arthur "Fatboy" Chubb (played by Ricky Norwood) made an appearance on screens.
He was a part of a 2014 flashback which filled in the real reason Cindy Beale (Michelle Collins) left husband George Knight (Colin Salmon) all those years ago - where she unexpectedly bumped into Fatboy.
Speaking about the special scene, Norwood told RadioTimes.com: "I was absolutely thrilled to be asked by Chris Clenshaw to reprise the role of Fatboy for a flashback scene in tonight's episode.
"Being back in the Square felt like coming home and it was so lovely to see old friends and new faces - but of course I missed not having Mrs B there."
Speaking about sharing the scene with iconic Cindy, Norwood added: "Working with Michelle Collins was surreal and I'm so delighted I got the call to be a part of Cindy's big return."
Fans will remember that Fatboy was last seen on the BBC soap back in 2015, when he was mistakenly kidnapped by henchmen who were working for Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Womack).
While locked in the boot of a car, he met a grisly end when the car was plunged into a car crusher.
EastEnders viewers wondered if he was still alive during Dot Branning's (June Brown) funeral.
While Reiss was going through cards he'd received, the camera lingered on one to "Mrs B" - a nickname only Fatboy used.
While it seems Fatboy's full-time return hasn't been confirmed just yet, fans were definitely delighted to see him back on screens tonight nevertheless.
- 6 EastEnders spoilers next week: Cindy Beale's shocking return rocks Walford
- EastEnders addresses major character absence amid Cindy Beale return
- EastEnders icon teases return of Cindy Beale's "bad" side in love triangle
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins on Cindy Beale meeting Lucy’s killer Bobby
- Michelle Collins almost played another iconic EastEnders character
- EastEnders trailers for Cindy return tease Kathy showdown: "You're dead!"
- EastEnders' Shona McGarty quits role as Whitney Dean after 15 years
- EastEnders' Gillian Taylforth teases Kathy and Rocky future after Jo's threats
- EastEnders is nowhere near the axe – it's having a renaissance
- EastEnders' Gillian Taylforth supports comeback for Kathy’s Hills family
- The WAGs of EastEnders' legend Ian Beale, from Cindy to Jane
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw promises “big” Christmas for the Beales
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins teases Cindy’s scenes with love rival Elaine
- Will Jacqueline Jossa return full-time to EastEnders as Lauren Branning?
- EastEnders' Michelle Collins confirms flashbacks and Cindy Beale breakdown
- EastEnders must give tragic heroine Whitney the happy ever after she deserves
- EastEnders legend Angela Wynter explains Yolande Trueman return
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer. Visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch, check out our TV Guide and Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 10 issues for only £10, PLUS a £10 John Lewis and Partners voucher delivered to your home – subscribe now.