EastEnders' Danielle Harold pays tribute to Lola's story
The character is at the centre of a heartbreaking cancer storyline.
Danielle Harold has shared an emotional message about the hard-hitting storyline she's been playing on EastEnders.
Known for the role of Lola Pearce-Brown on the BBC soap, the actress will depart the series later this year as her character has been sadly confirmed to die following an inoperable brain tumour diagnosis.
Harold took to her Instagram on Tuesday 18th April to voice her feelings about being involved in such an important subplot, thanking fans for their support and for sharing their own experiences.
"Lola's story has been a very hard one to tell and one that means so much to me and sadly affects so many people," she captioned a shot of her in character.
"Brain tumours kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer yet historically only 1 per cent of research is allocated to this devastating disease," she added.
"I would like to take a moment for everybody that has reached out to me and shared their experiences with me, I have read every message. And hold all of your messages close to my heart whilst playing this story."
The soap star also gave a shoutout to the charities EastEnders is working closely with to make sure the storyline is as accurate as possible.
"I have been blessed to meet the most incredible people and work with some wonderful charities along the way and I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for all your support advice and love," Harold concluded.
RadioTimes.com understands Danielle has not finished filming on EastEnders yet.
While it isn't known at present when Harold will last appear as Lola, she will have passed away before Christmas as the soap's flash-forward scene includes the character's picture in display on the bar at the Vic.
- EastEnders cast: Who is joining, leaving and returning to the soap?
- 6 EastEnders spoilers: Ben’s fresh trauma and Lola breaks sad news
- EastEnders’ James Farrar says Zack faces “painful” reactions to his HIV diagnosis
- EastEnders announces return for classic character Duncan Boyd
- Ross Kemp says he'd "think twice" but won't rule out EastEnders return
- Rita Simons: 'Fans send me scripts for Roxy's EastEnders return'
- Has Sam Mitchell left EastEnders for good? Kim Medcalf future revealed