The Netflix sci-fi juggernaut has broken new records for the streaming giant with its fourth season and continues to win over new legions of fans.
One of the most beloved new additions to the show is the heavy metal lover and murder suspect Eddie Munson, played by Joseph Quinn.
In fact, Munson gets a standout moment in the season finale where the character plays the electric guitar.
However, what was the song that Eddie plays in the episode?
What song does Eddie play on the guitar in Stranger Things 4?
Eddie Munson, portrayed by actor Joseph Quinn, plays the song Master of Puppets by Metallica in the Stranger Things 4 finale.
According to Blabbermouth, the song has been climbing the Spotify Top 50 Global playlist and has now reached #26.
This is not the first song that Stranger Things 4 has brought new life to.
Fans went wild over the inclusion of Kate Bush song Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God) in the fourth episode of the season in a pivotal scene involving Max Mayfield, played by Sadie Sink.
The song went on to feature heavily once more in the finale.
Running Up That Hill later took the Number 1 spot in the UK Singles Chart for the first time in its history after its original release 37 years ago.
Bush spoke about the song's success after Stranger Things 4 on BBC Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour, saying: "I thought that the track would get some attention. But I just never imagined that it would be anything like this. It’s so exciting."
She added: "But it’s quite shocking really, isn’t it? I mean, the whole world’s gone mad."
When host Emma Barnett touched on the song’s new, younger audience and asked how the singer would describe the song’s meaning, Bush added: “I really like people to hear a song and take from it what they want. But originally it was written as the idea of a man and a woman swapping with each other. Just to feel what it was like, from the other side."
Read more of our Stranger Things coverage:
- Stranger Things fans go wild for Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill after iconic scene
- Where did Stranger Things leave off? Recap ahead of season 4
- How Stranger Things 4 was inspired by real Dungeons & Dragons panic
- Who is Vecna in Stranger Things season 4? Explaining new villain
- Will Eleven be the final villain of Stranger Things?
- Stranger Things season 4 part 1 ending explained: What happened to Eleven?
- Who plays 001 in Stranger Things 4? Meet actor Jamie Campbell Bower
- What is the Stranger Things age rating? Fans say season 4 is 'scariest' yet
- Will Nancy and Steve get back together in Stranger Things?
- Who is Eduardo Franco? Meet Argyle in Stranger Things season 4
Stranger Things 4 is available on Netflix now.
- Sign up for Netflix from £6.99 a month. Netflix is also available on Sky Glass and Virgin Media Stream.
The latest issue of Radio Times magazine is on sale now – subscribe now and get the next 12 issues for only £1. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times podcast with Jane Garvey.