Hogwarts Legacy Ghost of Our Love location: How to follow the map
Sounds like a hit song.
No, this isn’t some cheesy but haunting love song, it’s a side quest in Hogwarts Legacy. If you’ve been struggling with the Ghost of Our Love location and how to find the location hidden in the map, you’re in the right place.
You’ll have this side quest to complete once you have found a map after the 'Jackdaw's Rest' quest, but its location will depend on the Hogwarts house you picked. This should be a few hours into the main Hogwarts Legacy missions.
Gryffindor players can find the map in a cemetery north of Hogsmeade, while Slytherin players can access the map via Apollonia's Grotto. The map for Hufflepuff players is in a chest behind Claire Beaumont's stall in Upper Hogsfield, and in the Owlery for Ravenclaw.
The map itself is a little tricky to follow, giving us vague clues to work off. Something about using the light spell Lumos across a bridge nearby the Forbidden Forest. It’s got something to do with floating candles, too. As we said, it’s a tad vague.
Luckily for you, we know the exact location of the Ghost of Our Love treasure and how to complete the side quest. Read on to find out how to follow the Hogwarts Ghost of Our Love map to find the location of the treasure.
How to find the Hogwarts Legacy Ghost of Our Love location
To complete the Ghost of Our Love side Quest in Hogwarts Legacy, you will need to use the map with floating candles to find the treasure, starting from the Forbidden Forest Floo Flame.
The map itself is a little vague, but it does hint that you need to head to a bridge near the Forbidden Forest while using Lumos at least, and something to do with an old crumbling passageway into the spooky forest.
More like this
Here’s how to follow the map to find the treasure and complete the Ghost of Our Love side quest in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Find the map, which will depend on your Hogwarts House, but all relate to the Richard Jackdaw quests
- Head to the Forbidden Forest Floo Flame at night and activate Lumos near the end of the bridge at the entrance. Switch the time of day to night if it isn't already nighttime
- Follow the floating candles, which should lead you into a forest
- Keep following the floating candles until you find yourself at a set of ornate table and chairs
- A treasure chest will magically appear
- Open it and complete the Ghost of Our Love quest
Completing this side quest will unlock a random piece of gear, 180 XP and 400 Galleons, so it is worth the small effort in earning some extra gold. As long as you follow those floating candles you will reach the location of the hidden treasure. They’ll take you where you need to be.
If you’d rather follow along with the quest in video form, YouTuber HarryNinetyFour has a great guide on what to do that shows it in an easy-to-digest fashion. You can watch the video below:
Completing all the side quests will earn you a trophy/achievement and get you one step closer to that 100 per cent completion.
Read more on Hogwarts Legacy:
- Hogwarts Legacy review - our full verdict
- Hogwarts Legacy potions - all recipes to know
- Hogwarts Legacy ending explained - spoilers ahead!
- Hogwarts Legacy level cap - how to spend talent points
- Hogwarts Legacy trophies - the achievements you need
- Hogwarts Legacy DLC - what's next?
- Hogwarts Legacy mods - the best fan-made cheats
- Hogwarts Legacy beasts - all the magical creatures
- Hogwarts Legacy Demiguise Statues - moon statue locations
- Hogwarts Legacy multiplayer - is it co-op?
- Hogwarts Legacy Switch - handheld version explained
Hungry for more gaming? Visit our video game release schedule, or swing by our hubs for more Gaming and Technology news.
Looking for something to watch? Check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home — subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.