It's finally here and it's practically perfect. God of War Ragnarök is an impressive game, with detailed graphics and fun combat matched by a cast made up of recognisable names and faces.
Santa Monica Studio has provided its long list of memorable characters including Kratos, Atreus, Faye, Thor, Odin and more, with high-end performances that match the best you'll hear in any medium. As it is so impressive, it's definitely worth knowing which voice actors make up its breathtaking cast.
You may have already recognised Daredevil alum Deborah Ann Woll, or Ben Prendergast from Apex Legends, or Richard Schiff from The West Wing, or any other number of familiar voices in the game. Danielle Bisutti from Dwight in Shining Armor is immediately recognisable as well.
Read on to discover just who's in the God of War Ragnarök cast and to find out where you might recognise its stunning list of voice actors, from the realms of TV, film, and video games.
Full cast list of God of War Ragnarök voice actors
With a strong cast of memorable characters, each as stupendously performed as the last, it’s worth knowing who played the likes of Kratos, Faye, Thor, Atreus, and more. Christopher Judge reprising his role as the gravelly Kratos should be common knowledge, but new characters such as Thor and Freya won’t be.
The full God of War Ragnarök cast list is as follows:
- AJ LoCascio - plays Skjolder/Atreus Previs
- Adam J Harrington - plays Sindri
- Alastair Duncan - plays Mimir
- Ben Prendergast - plays Týr
- Chris Browning - plays Surtr
- Christopher Judge - plays Kratos
- Daniel Kountz - plays Byggvir
- Danielle Bisutti - plays Freya
- Deborah Ann Woll - plays Faye/Laufey
- Emily Rose - plays Sif
- Erica Lindbeck - plays Hrist
- James Mathis III - plays Hildisvíni
- Janina Gavankar - plays Sinmara
- Kate Miller - plays Urð (Norn Past)
- Laya DeLeon Hayes - plays Angrboda
- Mara Junot - plays Mist
- Morla Gorrondona - plays Beyla/Raider Scout/Freya Previs
- Richard Schiff - plays Odin
- Robert Craighead - plays Brok
- Ryan Hurts - plays Thor
- Scott Porter - plays Heimdall
- Shelby Young - plays Skuld (Norn Future)
- SungWon Cho - plays Ratatoskr
- Sunny Suljic - plays Atreus
- Troy Baker - plays Bitter Squirrel
- Usman Ally - plays Durlin
Where do you know the God of War Ragnarök cast from?
With such a big cast and high production values, you’re sure to recognise a few voice actors in God of War Ragnarök. This includes who plays Faye in God of War Ragnarök: Deborah Ann Woll. You’ll recognise her from the Daredevil TV series, The Punisher TV series, and mini series The Defenders in which she played Karen Page. She also played Jessica Hamby in True Blood and spin-off True Blood: Jessica’s Blog.
You will recognise Christopher Judge from his work in the God of War series as protagonist Kratos, of course, but also from Stargate SG-1 in which he played Teal’c for 213 episodes.
Richard Schiff, who plays Odin in the game, you may know from 145 episodes as Toby Ziegler in The West Wing. With over 150 acting credits to his name on top of The West Wing, you’re bound to have seen him in something else, too. Ballers, perhaps, where he portrayed Brett Anderson for 26 episodes, and The Good Doctor, in which he plays Dr Aaron Glassman.
Sunny Suljic, who plays Atreus, you may recognise from The House With a Clock in Its Walls (Tarby Corrigan) and Mid90s (Stevie).
Danielle Bisutti, who plays Freya in Ragnarök, has appeared in many TV series over the years, perhaps none more so memorable than when she played Amanda Cantwell/Lisa Marie Cantwell in True Jackson, VP, and as Hexela in Dwight in Shining Armor.
Ryan Hurst, meanwhile, who plays Thor in Ragnarök, is known for playing Beta in The Walking Dead, Chick Hogan in Bates Motel, Li’l Foster Farrell in Outsiders, and perhaps most famously, Harry ‘Opie’ Winston in Sons of Anarchy for 54 episodes.
Janina Gavankar you may recognise from playing Tanta Sila in upcoming Forspoken, and as Alison Namazi in The Morning Show.
Troy Baker has been in pretty much every major video game you can think of, including The Last of Us (Joel) and BioShock Infinite (Booker DeWitt).
You may recognise Emily Rose from her role as Elena Fisher in the Uncharted series and as Audrey Parker from Haven.
The actor playing Tyr is Ben Prendergast, and there are a few places you might recognise his voice from: he plays Fuse in Apex Legends, General Hux in Star Wars: Resistance, and Darth Maul in the LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special.
Finally, Alastair Duncan you might recognise as the voice of Celebrimbor from Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel, Shadow of War.
God of War Ragnarök has an impressive cast list, that’s for sure.
Read more on God of War:
- God of War Ragnarok review - our final verdict
- God of War Ragnarok trophy guide - get the platinum
- God of War Ragnarok New Game Plus - when could it come?
- God of War Ragnarok chapters - are you near the end?
- God of War Ragnarok ending explained - is there a secret scene?
- God of War Ragnarok PS4 - how good is the last-gen version?
- God of War Ragnarok play time - how many hours?
- How tall is Thor in God of War Ragnarok?
- How old is Kratos in God of War Ragnarok?
- When will God of War Ragnarok come to PC?
- God of War PC review - is it worth playing?
- God of War PC requirements - all the specs you need
- God of War PC controls - full list of key bindings
- God of War games in order - play them all
The latest issue of Radio Times magazine is on sale now – subscribe now and get the next 12 issues for only £1. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.