The Mandalorian season 3 release schedule: When is episode 5 out on Disney Plus?
More adventures – and dangerous threats – await Mando and Grogu this year.
Season 3 of The Mandalorian has provided surprises galore, from a real-life mythosaur to a real-life Star Wars legend making an epic comeback.
Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal) and Grogu have once again won hearts, as they reunited with the rest of the Mandalorians, including the MVP of the season, Bo-Katan Kryze (Katee Sackhoff).
Jon Favreau recently opened up about how long the series could run for, telling EW's Star Wars podcast: "I don't know what would make me not enjoy doing it, especially as long as the audience is connecting with these characters.
"This feels like a really enjoyable moment. And I love this format of telling one chapter at a time and keeping the audience guessing, but also fulfilling certain expectations."
As the third season reaches its half-way mark, here's everything you need to know about when the next instalment, episode 5, is released.
The Mandalorian season 3 episode 5 release date on Disney Plus
The Mandalorian season 3 episode 5 will be released on Disney Plus on Wednesday 29th March 2023 at 8am GMT.
As usual, the full title will be revealed on the day of release but it is currently billed as simply Chapter 21.
Viewers across the pond will have to set a late-night alarm to be among the first to watch, as the series drops on Disney Plus in the United States at midnight (PST) / 3am (EST).
The Mandalorian season 3 episode release schedule
The Mandalorian season 3 will consist of eight episodes in total, which are set to be released weekly on Disney Plus over a period of approximately two months.
Mark your calendars with the following release dates if you never want to miss a chapter:
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 1 – Chapter 17: The Apostate – Wednesday 1st March 2023 at 8am GMT. (out now)
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 2 – Chapter 18: The Mines of Mandalore – Wednesday 8th March 2023 at 8am GMT. (out now)
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 3 – Chapter 19: The Convert – Wednesday 15th March 2023 at 8am GMT. (out now)
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 4 – Chapter 20: The Foundling – Wednesday 22nd March 2023 at 8am GMT.
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 5 – Chapter 21 – Wednesday 29th March 2023 at 8am GMT.
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 6 – Chapter 22 – Wednesday 5th April 2023 at 8am GMT.
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 7 – Chapter 23 – Wednesday 12th April 2023 at 8am GMT.
- The Mandalorian season 3 episode 8 – Chapter 24 – Wednesday 19th April 2023 at 8am GMT.
A fourth season is already in development.
How many episodes will be in The Mandalorian season 3?
The Mandalorian season 3 will consist of eight episodes.
The previous two seasons each consisted of eight episodes, meaning that by the end of the third season, 24 chapters of the story of The Mandalorian will be released.
The episodes will run for approximately between 30 and 50 minutes.
- When is The Mandalorian set in the Star Wars timeline?
- Meet the cast of The Mandalorian on Disney Plus
- Best Mandalorian gifts: Top LEGO, Disney and Baby Yoda merchandise for all ages
- Who is Bo-Katan Kryze in The Mandalorian and actress Katee Sackhoff?
- The Mandalorian director promises more "surprises" after Luke Skywalker
- The Mandalorian season 3 sees epic story "come to a head"
- The Mandalorian season 3 premiere has heart — and some explaining to do
- The Mandalorian addresses Gina Carano's exit in season 3 episode 1
- The Mandalorian season 3 needs to learn some big lessons from Andor
- The Mandalorian Easter egg sets up major Star Wars Rebels return
- Ahsoka: Release date speculation, cast and latest news on Star Wars series
- Pedro Pascal has earned his spot as the perfect sci-fi hero
The Mandalorian is available to stream on Disney Plus. Sign up to Disney Plus for £7.99 a month or £79.90 for a year.
Check out more of our Sci-Fi coverage or visit our TV Guide and Streaming Guide to find out what's on.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.