So, when it was announced the Australian soap had been bought by Amazon Freevee and would be coming back, some wondered where this would leave the now happy couple.
RadioTimes.com caught up with Annie Jones on the set of Neighbours to find out all about Jane and Mike's future, and while the actress was tight-lipped on the details, she did tease drama is on the way for the loved-up pair.
When asked if Jane and Mike would keep their happy ever after, Jones teased: "Who knows? It is Neighbours - there's bound to be a drama or two!"
Furthermore, Jones confirmed that Jane features quite heavily in the opening episodes of the revamped series.
Whatever drama comes Jane and Mike's way, Jones has reassured fans there's a lot coming that will be sure to entertain.
"We've got a lot of new characters, a lot of older characters coming back - so lots of new and old! And a couple of houses have been refreshed, so lots to look forward to.
"It's like the same-old, but new; like putting on a comfortable old pair of jeans that have been bedazzled!"
- Neighbours unveils new theme tune cover – but was almost by Jason Donovan
- Neighbours spoilers: Boss teases Mischa Barton's character
- Neighbours boss reveals Hollywood A-lister he wants for cast
- Neighbours boss hints at more original cast returns
- Neighbours boss Jason Herbison explains decision behind 2-year time jump
- Jason Donovan on Neighbours reboot: 'It happened very quickly'
- Who is returning to the Neighbours cast for Amazon Freevee revival?
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 10 issues for only £10, PLUS a £10 John Lewis and Partners voucher delivered to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.