Coronation Street cast: who is leaving, returning to and joining the soap?
Your essential guide to the comings and goings on the cobbles in 2022.
With twists and turns galore in soapland, it can be hard to keep track of all the comings and goings in the cast of Coronation Street.
The cast of the ITV soap has already bid farewell to some old faces as well as welcomed some returning ones so far in 2022, and there are plenty more changes on the horizon too.
RadioTimes.com is here with a handy update on which characters are leaving, joining and returning to the cobbles of Coronation Street in the coming months.
So who's in? Who's out? And which rumours are true? Read on for all the latest details on cast changes.
Coronation Street cast 2022
The full present regular cast for Coronation Street can be found below.
- William Roache as Ken Barlow
- Barbara Knox as Rita Sullivan
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Helen Worth as Gail Platt
- Kate Ford as Tracy Barlow
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Michael La Vell as Kevin Webster
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Tina O'Brien as Sarah Barlow
- Roberta Kerr as Wendy Crozier
- Simon Gregson as Steve McDonald
- Jack P. Shepherd as David Platt
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Battersby
- Martin Hancock as Spider Nugent
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Windass
- Andy Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Sam Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Jennie McAlpine as Fiz Stape
- Alex Bain as Simon Barlow
- Antony Cotton as Sean Tully
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Elle Mulvaney as Amy Barlow
- Adam Hussain as Aadi Alahan
- Tanisha Gorey as Asha Alahan
- Ryan Prescott as Ryan Connor
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Patti Clare as Mary Taylor
- Peter Gunn as Brian Packham
- Cherylee Houston as Izzy Armstrong
- Paddy Bever as Max Turner
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Lisa George as Beth Tinker
- Colson Smith as PC Craig Tinker
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Shelley King as Yasmeen Nazir
- Qasim Akhtar as Zeedan Nazir
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- Liam Bairstow as Alex Warner
- Julie Goulding as Shona Platt
- Harriet Bibby as Summer Spellman
- Sally Carman as Abi Webster
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Nathan Graham as James Bailey
- Trevor Michael Georges as Ed Bailey
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Millie Gibson as Kelly Neelan
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Kimberly Hart-Simpson as Nicky Wheatley
- Paula Wilcox as Elaine Jones
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Jack James Ryan as Jacob Hay
- Vinta Morgan as Ronnie Bailey
- Jamie Kenna as Phill Whitaker
- Joe Frost as Leo Thompkins
- Bill Fellows as Stu Carpenter
- James Craven as Aaron Sandford
Below are the upcoming changes to the regular cast.
Nicky Wheatley (Kimberly Hart-Simpson)
When is Nicky Wheatley leaving? TBC.
The teaching assistant and former sex worker made a comeback to the cobbles earlier this year and quickly restarted her friendship with Daniel Osbourne.
Naturally, Nicky's return did not go down too well with Daniel's new girlfriend, Daisy Midgeley.
However, Nicky is only back temporarily and will depart the Street at the end of her storyline.
How will she go?
Dylan Wilson (Liam McCheyne)
When is Dylan Wilson returning? In 2022.
The son of Sean Tully and former Rovers barmaid Violet Wilson will return to the soap in the coming weeks.
Actor Liam McCheyne, who was last seen on the soap in 2020, recently confirmed the comeback on Instagram.
Taking a photo of scripts, McCheyne penned: "Can't wait to get back to work on the 17th. Super excited, been a long time coming @coronationstreet. Hopefully many memories and fun to come!!!!!"
Will Sean be able to bond once more with Dylan?
Camilla (Louise Marwood)
When is Camilla arriving? July 2022.
Former Emmerdale actress Louise Marwood will be introduced in a guest role as Phill Whittaker's ex-wife Camilla as his wedding to Fiz Stape arrives.
Marwood previously portrayed Chrissie White in Emmerdale from 2014 until 2018 when her character was killed off in a car crash.
Will Camilla come between Fiz and Phill in the run-up to the big day?
Glenda (Jodie Prenger)
When is Glenda arriving? Summer 2022.West End favourite Jodie Prenger will be joining Coronation Street as George Shuttleworth's sister Glenda.The character will be a barmaid in the Rovers Return - placing her at the centre of the soap action.
Speaking about her new role, Prenger revealed: "I know I sound like a soppy sod, but it’s been on my bucket list to be in Coronation Street since I was little. It’s an honour, it truly is a very special moment in my life.
"To be part of something my family and I have loved for so long. And what a character, oh I have to say, total dream part. I can't wait for you all to meet fun and sassy Glenda, George Shuttleworth's sister. I love Tony Maudsley already, what a fella! Your first day on the cobbles is one of the most nerve-wracking experiences you’ll go though and everyone was just so gloriously lovely, kind and welcoming. It was, and is, everything I expected, and more."
Coronation Street producer Iain MacLeod added: "Glenda sails in fresh from the cruise ships with a whiff of the exotic, quickly making best friends and enemies in equal measure. The character is loads of fun and has echoes of classic Coronation Street females of old.
"Jodie is a fabulous talent and we are all very excited to have her aboard. She has felt very Corrie since the moment she stepped onto set and I think the viewers will love her."
Griff (Michael Condron)
When is Griff arriving? September 2022.
Game of Thrones actor Michael Condron is reportedly joining the ITV soap playing Griff, an activist linked to Spider Nugent's return storyline.
A source told The Sun: "He’s joining as a new regular and will play Griff, an activist. He’s linked to the storyline that sees show legend Spider return to the soap – and fans will first see him onscreen in September."
Will Griff cause more problems for Spider's troubled ex, Toyah Battersby?Visit our dedicated Coronation Street page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch check out our TV Guide.