Coronation Street cast: who is leaving, returning to and joining the soap?
Your essential guide to the comings and goings on the cobbles in 2022.
With twists and turns galore in soapland, it can be hard to keep track of all the comings and goings in the cast of Coronation Street.
The cast of the ITV soap has already bid farewell to some old faces as well as welcomed some returning ones so far in 2022, and there are plenty more changes on the horizon too.
RadioTimes.com is here with a handy update on which characters are leaving, joining and returning to the cobbles of Coronation Street in the coming months.
So who's in? Who's out? And which rumours are true? Read on for all the latest details on cast changes.
Coronation Street cast 2022
The full present regular cast for Coronation Street can be found below.
- William Roache as Ken Barlow
- Barbara Knox as Rita Sullivan
- Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow
- Helen Worth as Gail Platt
- Kate Ford as Tracy Barlow
- Sue Nicholls as Audrey Roberts
- Ben Price as Nick Tilsley
- Michael La Vell as Kevin Webster
- Sue Devaney as Debbie Webster
- Sally Ann Matthews as Jenny Connor
- Sally Dynevor as Sally Metcalfe
- Tina O'Brien as Sarah Barlow
- Roberta Kerr as Wendy Crozier
- Simon Gregson as Steve McDonald
- Jack P. Shepherd as David Platt
- Rob Mallard as Daniel Osbourne
- David Neilson as Roy Cropper
- Todd Boyce as Stephen Reid
- Jane Danson as Leanne Battersby
- Georgia Taylor as Toyah Battersby
- Martin Hancock as Spider Nugent
- Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs
- Jimmi Harkishin as Dev Alahan
- Sue Cleaver as Eileen Grimshaw
- Samia Longchambon as Maria Windass
- Andy Whyment as Kirk Sutherland
- Gareth Pierce as Todd Grimshaw
- Sam Robertson as Adam Barlow
- Jennie McAlpine as Fiz Stape
- Alex Bain as Simon Barlow
- Antony Cotton as Sean Tully
- Sam Aston as Chesney Brown
- Elle Mulvaney as Amy Barlow
- Adam Hussain as Aadi Alahan
- Tanisha Gorey as Asha Alahan
- Ryan Prescott as Ryan Connor
- Alison King as Carla Barlow
- Mikey North as Gary Windass
- Patti Clare as Mary Taylor
- Peter Gunn as Brian Packham
- Cherylee Houston as Izzy Armstrong
- Paddy Bever as Max Turner
- Ellie Leach as Faye Windass
- Lisa George as Beth Tinker
- Colson Smith as PC Craig Tinker
- Joe Duttine as Tim Metcalfe
- Sair Khan as Alya Nazir
- Shelley King as Yasmeen Nazir
- Qasim Akhtar as Zeedan Nazir
- Dolly-Rose Campbell as Gemma Winter
- Daniel Brocklebank as Billy Mayhew
- Liam Bairstow as Alex Warner
- Julie Goulding as Shona Platt
- Harriet Bibby as Summer Spellman
- Sally Carman as Abi Webster
- Peter Ash as Paul Foreman
- Maureen Lipman as Evelyn Plummer
- Nathan Graham as James Bailey
- Trevor Michael Georges as Ed Bailey
- Ryan Russell as Michael Bailey
- Lorna Laidlaw as Aggie Bailey
- Millie Gibson as Kelly Neelan
- Jane Hazlegrove as Bernie Winter
- Mollie Gallagher as Nina Lucas
- Paula Wilcox as Elaine Jones
- Tony Maudsley as George Shuttleworth
- Charlotte Jordan as Daisy Midgeley
- Jack James Ryan as Jacob Hay
- Vinta Morgan as Ronnie Bailey
- Joe Frost as Leo Thompkins
- Bill Fellows as Stu Carpenter
- James Craven as Aaron Sandford
- Jodie Prenger as Glenda Shuttleworth
- Robert Shaw Cameron as Laurence Reeves
Below are the upcoming changes to the regular cast.
Kelly Neelan (Millie Gibson)
When is Kelly Neelan leaving? Late 2022.
Troubled teen and fan-favourite Kelly Neelan will be departing Weatherfield later this year after actress Millie Gibson quit the soap.
It was reported by The Sun that the character will leave in an explosive storyline and it is being kept under wraps about whether the door will be left open for her to return.
A source told the paper: "Millie’s a huge talent. She has loved her time on the soap but there’s a lot of excitement about what she’s going to do next.
"Everyone has been sworn to secrecy over her exit storyline."
They added: "Millie’s not even telling people if the door has been left open for her."
Will Kelly finally discover that surrogate father Gary Windass was the person who killed her dad Rick Neelan and then let her mother Laura take the blame before her death? And will Kelly survive her time in the soap?
Harvey Gaskell (Will Mellor)
When is Harvey Gaskell returning? Late 2022.
Villainous Harvey Gaskell will be returning to Coronation Street later this year as Will Mellor reprises his role.
Metro reports that Strictly Come Dancing 2022 contestant Mellor has filmed scenes as the villain who was last seen being sent back to prison after escaping and trying to kill Leanne Battersby - and killing Natasha Blakeman in the process.
What will evil Harvey have in store this time and will Leanne and son Simon Barlow need to watch their backs once again?
Griff (Michael Condron)
When is Griff arriving? September 2022.
Game of Thrones actor Michael Condron is reportedly joining the ITV soap playing Griff, an activist linked to Spider Nugent's return storyline.
A source told The Sun: "He’s joining as a new regular and will play Griff, an activist. He’s linked to the storyline that sees show legend Spider return to the soap – and fans will first see him onscreen in September."
Will Griff cause more problems for Spider's troubled ex, Toyah Battersby?Visit our dedicated Coronation Street page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch check out our TV Guide.