The best tablets will bridge the gap between a smartphone and laptop, offering portable computing for whatever your needs: casual internet browsing, social media apps, gaming, reading or keeping the children (briefly) occupied.
In 2022, there’s more choice than ever. Even as smartphones – such as the iPhone 13 and Google Pixel 6 Pro – become more powerful than ever, the allure of tablets has remained thanks to their general ease of use and large touch screens.
The devices are great for spending countless hours on YouTube, reading the news or even catching up with work with the help of an attachable keyboard.
We have tested a variety of tablets at RadioTimes.com – from the ultra-premium Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus (£799) to the slightly more affordable Apple iPad Air (£579) to the much more child-friendly Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids (£139.99).
Whatever your preference of tablet brand or specs, there are often deals to be had via key retailers in the UK such as Amazon, Currys, Argos and more. Read on for the best tablet deals, offers and discounts available now as we enter the new year.
Best tablet deals and offers in January 2022
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 |
£719 £619 (save £100 or 14%)
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 |
£719£619 (save £100 or 14%)
Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB |
£149 £119 (save £30 or 20%)
- Buy Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB |
£149£119 (save £30 or 20%)
Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab |
£249.99 £209 (save £40.99 or 16%)
- Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab |
£249.99£209.00 (save £40.99 or 16%)
Lenovo Tab M10 |
£139.99 £129.99 (save £10 or 7%)
- Lenovo Tab M10 |
£139.99£99.99 (save £40 or 29%)
Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2021) |
£999 £959.97 (save £39.03 or 4%)
- Buy Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2021) |
£999£949 (Save £50 or 5%)
How to find a good tablet deal
- While tech deals will always appear sporadically throughout the year, some of the bigger discounts will happen during seasonal events – such as Black Friday, Prime Day, Easter, Christmas/Boxing Day and the New Year. This is often when you will scoop up some major discounts, so watch out.
- Be aware of the popular technology retailers –including Amazon, Currys, Argos, John Lewis, Very and AO – and follow them on social media. They could possibly announce fresh deals or discounts on Twitter and Facebook.
- If you are a loyal customer of a specific retailer, make sure you take full advantage of its newsletter to stay ahead of any upcoming deals.
- Know that some of the technology retailers – including John Lewis and Currys – have a price matching policy. This can help if you discover a product that is on sale at another store but totally sold out. It’s definitely worth asking about.
For the latest news, guides and product reviews, check out the RadioTimes.com Technology section. Looking for an affordable tablet? Take a look at our best budget tablet page. And don't miss our guide to the best tablet of the year.