Super Mario RPG Sunken Ship Password explained: Puzzle answers
Solve all of the pesky puzzles in the Sunken Ship in no time.
Twenty-seven years after making its debut back on the SNES, Super Mario RPG returns with a fresh coat of paint and the same pesky puzzles. One in particular that stumps many is the Sunken Ship Password puzzle.
To get past the Sunken Ship puzzle, you need to complete six separate tasks, with each providing a clue to uncover the password.
From this, six blocks floating in the air need to be hit a certain number of times to spell out a certain word to progress, ultimately leading to a boss fight against King Calamari.
Filled with Dry Bones and Greapers, the Sunken Ship can be troublesome to make your way around. The clues can also be a little cryptic, so to make things easier we've laid out exactly how to beat the Sunken Ship password in Super Mario RPG below.
Super Mario RPG Sunken Ship Password explained
The Sunken Ship password is revealed via a set of memos located in six different rooms found aboard the ship. These memos are as follows:
- Puzzle #1 – The adventurer Indigo's memo: There is an "s" in the word.
- Puzzle #2 – The adventurer Indigo Jr's memo: It is found on the bed of the ocean.
- Puzzle #3 – The 2nd expedition team's memo: It has two vowels.
- Puzzle #4 – The search party Onyx's memo: It is very valuable.
- Puzzle #5 – The 4th investigation crew's memo: "It" is actually a "they".
- Puzzle #6 – The treasure hunter Elan's memo: "The "R" comes before the "L".
All of the puzzles require patience, timing and a bit of experimentation. If you want to see how to complete the puzzles, check out the handy video below:
For anyone who wishes to skip ahead, the word that needs to be entered into the six blocks is "PEARLS", starting at Key letter 1 and ending at Key letter 6.
Once entered, walk up to the pipe and a notice will confirm the puzzle has been completed. You can then head on through to boss battle King Calamari. Just make sure to prepare beforehand.
Read more on Nintendo:
- Nintendo Switch OLED review - handheld gaming levels up
- The very best Nintendo Switch games
- Nintendo Switch Pro release date - the latest rumours
- Best Nintendo Switch games for kids
- Nintendo Direct - when is the next live stream?
- Best Nintendo Switch micro SD cards to buy
- How to charge Nintendo Switch controllers
- The best Nintendo Switch Lite games - take these on the go
- How to connect Nintendo Switch to TV
Super Mario RPG is now available exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
Looking to pick up some cheap games? Head to our Nintendo Switch Black Friday for all the latest offers.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 10 issues for only £10 – subscribe now and celebrate the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who with a special issue of Radio Times. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to The Radio Times Podcast.