Man City transfer news: Done deals, rumours, ins and outs
Your complete guide to the latest Man City transfer news ahead of the January transfer window 2024.
It's been a few years since Manchester City splashed the cash in January but with the Premier League title race looking tighter than ever this term, Pep Guardiola may be keen to add to his squad in the new year.
Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spurs have all made strong starts to the 2023/24 campaign so winning the winter window could end up being the difference-maker this year.
Under Guardiola, Man City are not a club usually tempted into a panic buy and you'd have faith that if there are new arrivals at the Etihad in January, the proper due diligence will have been done.
RadioTimes.com has rounded up the latest Man City transfer news, rumours and confirmed deals below.
Man City transfer news and rumours
Updated: November 24th 2023
Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is one such player who has been on Man City's radar for some time, with scouts watching him regularly, but it is thought it will cost more than £87 million to sign him. The 22-year-old is also attracting attention from Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Newcastle among others while his club are keen to get him tied down to a new contract.
It would be significantly cheaper to sign young Chelsea left-back Ian Maatsen, who is thought to be of interest to the Cityzens and keen on a move to the Etihad.
The rumour mill always throws up some surprise names and Man City have been linked with a pair of familiar faces. They're thought to be interested in a shock reunion with Bayern Munich winger Leroy Sane as well as former Wolves skipper Ruben Neves, now with Saudi Pro League Al Hilal, though they're more likely to be summer targets.
The future of Kalvin Phillips has been a talking point throughout the 2023/24 campaign and it seems the England international will not be short of suitors if he's allowed to leave on loan – with Newcastle the latest club linked.
Finally, Real Madrid are said to have a transfer war chest worth in excess of £300 million to take a run at goal machine Erling Haaland at some point in the future as their interest in Kylian Mbappe is thought to have cooled.
Man City transfer done deals
Fees approximate, based on reports.
- Josko Gvardiol (RB Leipzig) £77m
- Mateo Kovacic (Chelsea) £30m
- Jeremy Doku (Rennes) £55m
- Matheus Nunes (Wolves) £60m
- Spike Brits (AFC Wimbledon) Undisclosed
- Cole Palmer (Chelsea) £45m
- Riyad Mahrez (Al-Ahil) £30m
- Aymeric Laporte (Al Nassr) £23m
- James Trafford (Burnley) £19m
- Carlos Borges (Ajax) £17m
- Shea Charles (Southampton) £15m
- Yangel Herrera (Girona) £5m
- Nahuel Bustos (CA Talleres) Undisclosed
- Morgan Rogers (Middlesbrough) Undisclosed
- Ilkay Gundogan (Barcelona) Free
- Terrell Agyemang (Middlesbrough) Free
- Alex Robertson (Portsmouth) Loan
- Finley Burns (Stevenage) Loan
- Josh Wilson-Esbrand (Stade Reims) Loan
- Kian Breckin (Wycombe) Loan
- Liam Delap (Hull City) Loan
- Taylor-Harwood-Bellis (Southampton) Loan
- James McAtee (Sheffield United) Loan
- Callum Doyle (Leicester) Loan
- Tommy Doyle (Wolves) Loan
- Issa Kabore (Luton) Loan
- Joao Cancelo (Barcelona) Loan
- Rowan McDonald (Released)
- Benjamin Mendy (Released)
Take part in the Screen Test, a project from Radio Times and the Universities of Sussex and Brighton, to explore the role of television and audio in our lives.