EastEnders' Kellie Bright predicts dead character is someone we've not met
Actress Kellie Bright has discussed an epic new storyline for Christmas 2023 which has Linda Carter in the thick of the action.
Actress Kellie Bright has revealed her own predictions after EastEnders' epic flash-forward to Christmas 2023.
In emotional scenes tonight, Linda (Kellie Bright) was delivered a terrifying reminder of her past as she learned her mother-in-law Shirley Carter (Linda Henry) had reunited with Dean Wicks (Matt DiAngelo) - Mick's younger brother who raped Linda in 2014.
However, the episode ended with an epic twist when six women who were present for the lock-in were shown on Christmas Day after Sharon Watts' wedding and a man is lying dead on the floor.
Now actress Kellie Bright has spoken about the epic storyline, what it means for Linda and what excited her most about the epic flash-forward.
EastEnders has never aired a flash-forward scene before. How did you feel when you heard about the story?
I felt very excited when I heard about the story. I was very intrigued… I’m still intrigued because I don’t really know that much about it, other than what has just been shown. I think it’s a really clever thing that the team have come up with, I can honestly say I’m really thrilled to be part of it. I’m excited about it”.
The end of the episode ends in a classic whodunit – can you give us any clues on who you think has done it, and who you think meets their fate?
Well, I mean this is all guesswork on my behalf, but in my mind, I haven’t done it. But that is just based on nothing other than what I think or felt when we were filming it. I’ve got a feeling, I had a very strong feeling, or more of an idea that the victim was going to be a really big player in this show and I’ve slightly changed my mind, and I think it might be someone who is not in the show yet. A character that we’re yet to meet.
If I had to put money on it, I don’t think it’s me and I don’t think it’s Di [Diane Parish]. I also think it could be a group thing, with the women all protecting each other but who knows, they could be protecting Linda!
More like this
How was it filming alongside Gillian, Letitia, Balvinder, Lacey and Diane? Are you all excited to be in this together?
I think we’re all really excited to be in it together. We’ve very quickly formed a WhatsApp group called ‘The six’, because that’s what Chris Clenshaw said he’d been referring to us as in the offices before people knew. What I love is, obviously I get to work with Tish [Letitia Dean] a lot which is fantastic because I love her, but I don’t actually get to work with a lot of the other actresses very much at all so I’m really pleased about that although I don’t actually know how much interaction we are going to have over the next year. Obviously, I know it’s going to culminate into a story that involves us all but I think the threads leading up to that are all our individual stories.
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7.30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer.
- EastEnders cast: Who is joining, leaving and returning to the soap?
- EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw spills epic Christmas flash-forward secrets
- EastEnders' Diane Parish on Christmas whodunnit: "I'm really scared it's me"
- EastEnders' Lacey Turner predicts "accidental death" in Christmas whodunnit
- EastEnders' Balvinder Sopal on Christmas killer: "I would like it to be Suki"
- EastEnders' Letitia Dean on flash-forward mystery: "I think it’s so open"
- Patsy Kensit wraps filming for her EastEnders role as Emma Harding
- EastEnders casts 'Allo 'Allo! legend Vicki Michelle in mystery role
- Who are Lola Pearce's mum and dad in EastEnders and how is she a Mitchell?
- EastEnders' Kellie Bright teases Linda Carter’s future after Mick exit
- EastEnders confirms diagnosis for Whitney Dean’s baby
- EastEnders star James Bye calls for answer to Ruby Allen mystery
- EastEnders exit for Dr Ash Kaur as actress Gurlaine Kaur Garcha departs
Visit our dedicated EastEnders page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch, check out our TV Guide or Streaming Guide, or visit our Soaps hub.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.