Who is Knitting on The Masked Singer season 4? Theories, clues and songs
Get to know this crafty character.
The singing continues this weekend on The Masked Singer and viewers can expect to see Knitting showing off their vocal skills once again.
They'll compete againts the seven other remaining contestants Jellyfish, Phoenix, Otter, Fawn, Jacket Potato, Pigeon and Rhino.
So far, Knitting has done a pretty good job keeping their identity under wraps.
However, some fans think they might have sussed out who is behind the mask, with the likes of Emma Bunton, Kym Marsh, and even Doctor Who actress Jodie Whitaker tipped.
As they take to the stage again, read on for everything you need to know about Knitting - one of The Masked Singer 2023 contestants.
Who is Knitting? Clues, guesses, and songs
- Week One - Remember by Becky Hill
- Week Three - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) by Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer
- Describes themselves as "crafty".
- A magpie.
- A Lancaster accent.
- Possible connections to morning TV and to theatre.
- Their riddle was: "Knitting is easy, it's the crossing of sticks. Count all your stitches, there should be 26."
- 20-20 was written on the knitting needles by their feet.
- There was a curtain tie in their VT.
- They described themselves as "kind and generous"
- Knitting said they learned skills by "watching and copying" and they have "never been professionally trained in something I’m very well known for."
- The camera zoomed in on broken heart cookies.
- The number "4" was missing when the camera showed numbers on a pile of wool.
- Clue or false - "I was bummed out back in the day but then everything came up rosie" and ‘Time travel is blinking brilliant isn’t it?"
- Konnie Huq
- Samantha Barks
- AJ Odudu
- Jane Horrocks
- Emma Bunton
- Kym Marsh
- Jodie Whitaker
The Masked Singer season 4 theories
Is Knitting Kym Marsh?
Fans think actress Kym Marsh could be behind the mask of Knitting.
Following her performance, one took to Twitter to share their thoughts, comparing Knitting's voice to that of the former Hear'Say singer.
Is Knitting Konnie Huq?
Blue Peter presenters are famed for their crafting abilities, so could Knitting be Konnie Huq? Twitter users have also pointed out that the TV star, who ended up being the CBBC show's longest-serving female presenter, was also the 26th Blue Peter host, which fits in well with Knitting's riddle.
Plus, Magpie was the name of a children's show designed to be a competitor to Blue Peter, and last year Huq presented a documentary all about kids TV.
That still doesn't explain the links to Lancaster though, so we'll have to tune in at the weekend for further hints.
What time is The Masked Singer on?
Season 4 of The Masked Singer will continue on ITV1 and ITVX on Saturday 14th January at 7pm, when we'll see if Knitting can pull off another impressive performance - or whether they'll get in a tangle and drop a few stitches.
At the end of the episode, a third celebrity will be unmasked, after Chris Kamara and Lulu were previously revealed to be Ghost and Piece of Cake respectively.
The following episode will see Fawn, Jacket Potato, Rhino, Rubbish and Pigeon performing for the second time.
The contestants will be hoping to follow in Natalie Imbruglia's footsteps, after singer won last year as the show's Panda.
The Masked Singer airs on ITV1 and ITVX on Saturdays. Check out more of our Entertainment coverage or visit our TV Guide and Streaming Guide for more to watch.
Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home – subscribe now. For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast.