The Queen Vic may soon have a new co-owner as EastEnders' Linda Carter reaches out to a mysterious buyer.
The soap's executive producer Chris Clenshaw has teased the identity of Linda's (Kellie Bright) potential business partner, explaining they aren't the most obvious choice.
Following Mick's presumed drowning last Christmas, his jailed wife Janine (Charlie Brooks) is selling his shares. This means that Mick's ex Linda will have to find someone keen on running the pub while respecting her vision.
At the moment, both former landlady Sharon Watts (Letitia Dean) and Nish Panesar (Navin Chowdhry) and his wife Suki (Balvinder Sopal) are extremely interested in closing the deal. However, Linda isn't sold on either, resorting to a third party.
"Well, just think about it, in a few months we could be running this place together," she said on the phone in a recent episode.
"Linda is in secret talks with someone else," Clenshaw confirmed on Loose Women today (24th February).
While he couldn't share who this business-savvy person is, the soap boss assured that the reveal will be a shock for viewers.
"[Linda's] knight in shining armour isn't who you'd expect it to be," he said.
EastEnders airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7:30pm on BBC One and from 6am on BBC iPlayer.
- EastEnders cast: Who is joining, leaving and returning to the soap?
- Why EastEnders is finally back to being the best soap on TV
- EastEnders' Diane Parish on Christmas whodunnit: "I'm really scared it's me"
- EastEnders' Kellie Bright explains who played dead body for flash-forward
- EastEnders' Kellie Bright predicts dead character is someone we've not met
- EastEnders' Lacey Turner predicts "accidental death" in Christmas whodunnit
- EastEnders' Balvinder Sopal on Christmas killer: "I would like it to be Suki"
- EastEnders' Letitia Dean on flash-forward mystery: "I think it’s so open"
- EastEnders' Gillian Taylforth says flash-forward left cast "stunned"