Do you wanna learn to draw Elsa? Well, Disney Animation Studios has an easy step-by-step guide showing you how to draw the Frozen queen.
With Frozen 2 now on Disney+ UK it’s the perfect time to watch the studio animators share their top tips and tricks to sketching your favourite characters.
Just watch the video below and follow the expert steps – all you need is a pencil (and a rubber!).
If you’re not feeling up to drawing Elsa then why not download our free Frozen 2 activities for children.
Or try your hand at some of your favourite Disney characters like Mickey and Olaf with our round up of how to draw Disney characters videos.
- For the latest news and expert tips on getting the best deals this year, take a look at our Black Friday 2021 and Cyber Monday 2021 guides.
How to draw Elsa from Frozen
Get your pencil and paper ready and click play for your step-by-step guide to drawing Elsa with Wayne Unten who started at the studio in 2005 – animation supervisor for Elsa.
How to draw Elsa from Frozen: step-by-step guide
If you need a quick overview we’ve broken down the steps below with a few time stamps if you need them.
- Start with a circle and draw a horizontal line with another below – this gives you your outline
- Put a line, not in the centre, but slightly left vertically (this is your centre line)
- Now we add her eyes – add them between the lines you drew. She has almond shaped eyes!
- Draw her eyebrows on your top line
- Add her nose in – it’s like a diamond. Draw it in about an eye height below the bottom horizontal line
- Add her mouth lined up with the centre line under her nose – use a V shape
- Draw in Elsa’s eyelashes – it’s like a plane that sits on top of the eye
- Draw in her bottom lids, think of her as smiling!
- Draw in her pupil and iris – Wayne shows this 10 minutes in
- Follow your guidelines to draw in the bottom and top lip
- Add a cheek line (16:32)
- Now draw her jaw line (17:40)
- Add her ears (18) and hair (18:35)
- Draw her braid (20)
All done! Now you can give Elsa a change of outfit – whether that’s the Let it Go icy dress or her new Frozen 2 Enchanted Wood costume. Who knows she may have another outfit soon, as Frozen 3 isn’t off the table…
Read more Frozen 2
- Frozen 2 Easter eggs – how many did you spot?
- How Show Yourself was nearly cut from the film
- How to watch Frozen short films
- Frozen 2 director reveals biggest challenge with sequel
- How Frozen 2’s character name was inspired by “guardian angel”
- Who is the voice Elsa hears? Story explained
Why not vote for the best Frozen song, watch our Disney+ Frozen 2 Q&A with the Frozen director and animators including Wayne. Wondering what to watch? Check out our best movies on Disney+ guide or best series on Disney+ list.