The big day is here, and so are the stunning Black Friday deals. Whatever sort of phone deal you want, we’ve got your covered. Our expert team has been scouring the web for the best Black Friday phone deals from across the web. Many will run until Cyber Monday 2021, but it’s worth looking now, as some of these deals expire soon!
While it’s the expensive flagship phones that typically see the best price drop, especially following new releases such as the iPhone 13, you’re also likely to get money off some of the more budget-end smartphones. Be sure to read our best smartphone and best budget smartphone guides ahead of time. Also, if you’re determined to grab an Apple phone in the seasonal sales, take a look at our Black Friday iPhone deals page.
Whether you’re looking for a new contract deal or are buying handset-only (SIM-free), retailers such as Currys, Amazon or Very, and phone networks such as Three, O2 and EE, will all be throwing out offers and discounts in the hopes of drawing you in.
The highlights so far? Samsung is offering up to 16% off its Samsung Galaxy S21 series, including a huge £180 off the five-star rated flagship Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. You can also save £200 on the popular OnePlus 9 Pro at Amazon.
Speaking of the Pixel 6, Carphone Warehouse/Currys is offering a free Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) if you buy the handset SIM-free for £599.
But there’s no need to wait until Friday, as plenty of Black Friday phone deals are available now.
Best Black Friday phone deals available today
Here is our pick of the best handset-only and contract deals right now.
We’ll keep updating this list this week as we see new deals in the Black Friday sales. Unsure which flagship you want? Check out this iPhone 13 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro comparison guide.
If you’re buying a handset only, head to our Black Friday SIM-only deals page for the latest offers on SIM deals to complement your new smartphone. Note that some of the most competitive prices tend to be found on websites such as Affordable Mobiles and Fonehouse. On these sites, you can buy SIM-only contracts as well as compare and buy contracts from EE, ID Mobile, Vodafone and more.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, 256GB |
£1199 £966.89 at Amazon (save £232.11 or 19%)
What’s the deal: A 19% saving on the most premium Samsung Galaxy S21 model.
Why we chose it: In our Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra review, our expert gave the flagship a glowing 5-star review, praising it as a ‘triple threat’. Going on to explain, they said, “it looks the part with top-quality design and a killer screen, it packs performance in spades – power, party tricks and a long-lasting battery, and then there’s that camera.” In other words, this market-leading smartphone justifies its price – the Black Friday deal is just a bonus.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, 256GB |
£1199 £967.10£966.89 at Amazon (save £232.11 or 19%)
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G |
£949 £799 at Samsung (save £150 or 16%)
What’s the deal: A £150 saving on this new flip phone from Samsung.
Why we chose it: For fans of a retro feel phone, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 is a solid choice. It’s one of the top folding phones on the market, with plenty of features that give off that flagship feeling. However, if you’re after a top-notch camera, we’d recommend the Samsung Galaxy S21 series.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G |
£949£799 at Samsung (save £150 or 16%)
More Samsung Galaxy Black Friday deals:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G with Virgin Media | 100GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £38 per month, £0.00 upfront for 36 months
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 with Tesco Mobile | 6GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £29.99 per month, £0.00 upfront for 36 months
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G 128GB with Three | 100GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £21.50 per month for six months (then £43 per month), £29 upfront for 24 months
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G 128GB |
£769£649 at Samsung (save £120 or 16%)
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G 128GB |
£949£799 at Samsung (save £150 or 16%)
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G with Tesco Mobile | 3GB data, unlimited minutes and texts,
£17.99£11.50 per month, £0.00 upfront for 36 months
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G |
£409 £379£349 at Very (save £60 or 15%)
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G with Vodafone via Mobiles.co.uk | 105GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £20 per month, £0.00 upfront for 24 months
Can’t decide? Read our Samsung Galaxy S21 vs Plus vs Ultra guide to help you choose.
Check out the FitBit Sense, a great smart watch companion for android phones.
iPhone 12 (64GB) |
£679 £629 at giffgaff (save £50 or 7%)
What’s the deal: A £50 saving on the Apple iPhone 12 with 64GB of storage, down from the usual price of £679 – and giffgiff has free next day delivery, too.
Why we chose it: Apple’s newest phones don’t always have big reductions. The 12 is still priced at £679 at other retailers at the time of writing. As we said in our iPhone 12 review, it’s a flagship phone that “performs on just about every level.”
- iPhone 12 (64GB) |
£679£629 at giffgaff (save £50 or 7%)
- iPhone 12 with Virgin Media | From £33 per month with free AirPods 2
More iPhone Black Friday deals:
- iPhone 13 Pro (128GB) with Three | Unlimited data, minutes and texts, £35.50 per month for six months (then £71 a month), £69 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone 13 (128GB) with Vodafone via Mobiles.co.uk | Unlimited data, minutes and texts, £40 per month, £39 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone 13 (128GB) with Three via Fonehouse | 100GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £45 per month, £0 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone 12 Pro (128GB) |
£999£849 at Very (save £150 or 15%)
- iPhone 12 Pro (128GB) with Sky Mobile | 60GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £45 per month, £0 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone 12 with Virgin Media | From £33 per month with free AirPods 2
- iPhone 12 (64GB) with Three via Affordable Mobiles | Unlimited data, minutes and texts, £37 a month, £0 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone 12 (64GB) with Vodafone via Mobiles.co.uk |
50GB150GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £33 per month, £150 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone SE (64GB) with O2 | 30GB data, unlimited minutes and texts,
£32.24 £29. 24£32.24 per month, £20 upfront for 36 months
- iPhone 12 64GB, plus AirPods with Virgin Media | 100GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £51 per month, £0 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone 12 64GB, plus AirTags with Virgin Media | 100GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £35 per month, £0 upfront for 36 months
- iPhone 11 64GB, plus Watch Series 3 with Virgin Media | 100GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £45 per month, £0 upfront for 24 months
- iPhone 11 64GB with Vodafone via Mobiles.co.uk | 200GB data, unlimited minutes and texts, £26 per month, £0 upfront for 24 months
Google Pixel Pro 6 128GB with 40GB data, unlimited minutes and texts |
£59 £45 per month, £30 upfront
What’s the deal: EE is shaving £336 off its total contract price.
Why we chose it: This is a brand new flagship smartphone which scored 4.4 out of five stars in our recent Google Pixel 6 Pro review. Our reviewer praised its strong camera and screen performance and noted, “It’s a great Android phone that showcases Google’s ambitions to offer a true flagship while still not charging quite as much as Apple or Samsung’s high-end models.” In short, this is one of the best opportunities we’ve seen so far to pick up a great price on this new phone.
- Google Pixel Pro 6 128GB with 40GB data, unlimited minutes and texts |
£59£45 per month, £30 up front
More Google Pixel Black Friday deals:
- Google Pixel, 200GB data, unlimited minutes and texts with Vodafone via Mobiles.co.uk | £27 per month and £0 upfront
Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G 256GB |
£1099 £999 (save £100 or 9%)
What’s the deal: A solid £101 off the high-end Android smartphone from Oppo. It is now down from £1,100 to £999 – with AO offering free next day delivery.
Why we chose it: It’s fantastic to see almost 10% off this handset. In our Oppo Find X3 Pro review, we called it “impressive,” noting that its “cameras produce stunning stills, the battery will easily last you all day, and the display is… marvellous.”
- Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G 256GB |
£1099£999 (save £100 or 9%)
Nokia XR20 64GB |
£399.99 £319 (save £81 or 20%)
What’s the deal: You can save £80 on the rugged XR20 from Nokia – it’s down to £319 via Laptops Direct. That’s a 20% saving.
Why we chose it: Nokia was historically known for making rugged, hard-wearing phones, and now the brand has come up with a rugged smartphone. It comes with an extended three-year warranty, too, showing just how confident Nokia is in that durability.
If you want to pay monthly, there’s also a good alternative listed below via Fonehouse.
OnePlus 9 Pro |
£829 £629 (save £200 or 24%)
What’s the deal: 24% off this premium all-rounder smartphone.
Why we chose it: This is the cheapest we’ve ever seen the OnePlus 9 Pro on Amazon. It’s a triple-digit saving on a leading smartphone we awarded 4.6 out of 5 stars in our OnePlus 9 Pro review. It charges quickly, has a fantastic screen, an incredible main camera and can record video in 8K. Earlier in the year, our reviewer named it one of the best smartphones available now.
- OnePlus 9 Pro |
£829£629 (save £200 or 24%)
Motorola Edge 20, 128GB |
£ 429.99 £379.99 (save £50 or 12%)
What’s the deal: A £50 saving on the middle handset from the most recent Motorola series, the Edge 20. At Currys, it’s currently down from £429.99 to £379.99.
Why we chose it: The Edge 20 was already a very competitively priced handset, but now it’s even more attractive at under £400. In our Motorola Edge 20 review, we noted that the smartphone is “best suited for those who need a reliable and no-fuss Android handset with a great screen and an industry-leading refresh rate.”
- Motorola Edge 20, 128GB |
£ 429.99£379.99 (save £50 or 12%)
More Black Friday deals from Oppo, Xiaomi, Nokia Motorola
- Nokia XR20 5G 64GB |
£399.99£329.99 at Very (save £70 or 18%)
- Xiaomi Mi 11 256GB |
£799£599 (Save £200)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S
£269.99£189 (Save £80.99)
Should you wait until Black Friday to buy a new phone?
The simple answer is yes.
How much waiting for Black Friday will save you depends on what phone you’re after. If you’re after an iPhone 12 model, then waiting for Black Friday sales is definitely worth it. We’re already seeing some early price drops on that series, thanks to the release of the new iPhone 13 line-up.
If you are tempted by the new Apple flagship, we suggest keeping an eye on our iPhone 13 stock page. We’ll be updating the article with the latest stock levels at all major UK retailers – but note some deliveries are stretching into December.
So if it’s more convenient to buy now, you may prefer to do that. Otherwise, you can take advantage of some of the early Black Friday sales that are starting to appear now. Buying these smartphones, it’s SIM-free that tends to offer the best price.
How to get a good phone deal on Black Friday
Even online, Black Friday sales can feel chaotic, and it can be difficult to find the legitimate deals you want among all the noise. But these are some tried-and-tested tactics that will help you find the best possible smartphone bargains this year.
- Keep an eye on Amazon. If you’re looking to buy a handset without a SIM, Amazon is a great starting point. The price tracker CamelCamelCamel allows you to check the price of any Amazon product against when it was cheapest and at what price. This ‘lowest’ price can then be compared to other retailers’ pricing during Black Friday to make sure that it’s a genuine deal.
- But do shop around. This seems obvious, but it can be easy to get drawn into what looks like a great deal during the sale chaos and forget to check prices. Don’t just focus on Amazon. Looking at what other retailers/networks have to offer helps you make a more informed choice – and check their pricing.
- Consider buying SIM-free. Contracts can split the cost over many months, but buying a handset SIM-free can be a great way of saving money. When you buy a phone without a SIM, it gives you the flexibility to choose a SIM-only deal that best suits your data needs.
- Sign up for newsletters. Many retailers will have their own newsletters and will use these to shout out their best deals. If you want a way to cut through the noise, subscribing to these newsletters is a great way to do so. RadioTimes.com has its own dedicated technology newsletter, which we use to share product reviews, the latest news on upcoming releases and the cream-of-the-crop when it comes to deals. Sign up below.
Best phone deals from last year
In a similar trend that we are predicting this year, the iPhone 11 had fantastic deals due to the release of the iPhone 12. The standard 64GB model dropped from £729 to £599 at Currys, while the 128GB model was down from £779 to £649.
There was one notable deal on the Samsung Galaxy S20, which was only released last February, as it dropped from £899 to £649 – a whopping $250 off. The Google Pixel 4a, which launched last August, was the focus of a great deal via Vodafone – down from £43 a month down to £23, with the upfront cost plunging from £99 to £9.
Read more on Black Friday 2021
We have our team of tech experts searching the web to find genuine offers so that you don’t have to. Take a look at our guides for the best deals on everything from TVs to printers. And, for real-time updates, head over to our live Black Friday deals coverage.
- Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals
- Black Friday TV deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Samsung Black Friday deals
- EE Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deals
- AO Black Friday deals
- Black Friday iPhone deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Black Friday tablet deals
- Black Friday printer deals
- Black Friday earbud deals
- Black Friday soundbar deals
- Black Friday broadband deals
- Black Friday SIM-only deals
- Black Friday smartwatch deals
- Black Friday Apple Watch deals
- Black Friday AirPods deals
- Black Friday iPad deals
- Black Friday PS5 deals
- Black Friday gaming deals
- Black Friday gaming chair deals
For the latest news, reviews and deals, check out the RadioTimes.com Technology section. Looking for more technology bargains? Head to our guides to the best budget smartphone, best budget printer and best budget laptop.