Serena Williams begins Wimbledon 2018 as the 25th seed, despite being ranked 182 in the world – having given birth to a baby girl in September 2017.
- Everything you need to know about Wimbledon 2018
- How much do Wimbledon players get paid?
- How to get tickets to Wimbledon 2018
- Serena Williams made history at Wimbledon – so why didn’t she make the front pages?
Her return to the game has not been easy. Since playing her first match in February, she has suffered back-to-back exits from Indian Wells, Miami and last month’s French Open, after she was forced to withdraw from a fourth round clash with long-time rival Maria Sharapova due to an injury sustained in a third round doubles match alongside her sister Venus (they were defeated by Andreja Klepač and María José Martínez Sánchez).
- Who are the top female players hoping to beat Serena Williams at Wimbledon?
- Who are the male tennis players bidding to win Wimbledon 2018?
When is Serena Williams playing her second round match at Wimbledon?
Serena Williams powered through her first-round test against Arantxa Rus, beating the Dutch player 7-5 6-3. Next she faces Viktoriya Tomova from Bulgaria, who is ranked 135. That match takes place on Wednesday 4th July – Serena is third on Centre Court, after Roger Federer, so is likely to play in the late afternoon/early evening. Check out the full order of play here for more information.