Six Nations 2023 permutations: How can Ireland win the Grand Slam? Can France still win?
We round up all the Six Nations 2023 permutations ahead of Super Saturday.
The Six Nations all comes down to this weekend with a stacked Super Saturday ready to entertain us all.
All eyes will turn to Paris and Dublin as France and Ireland joust for the title, but it is the Irish who are in firm control of their own destiny here.
Andy Farrell's men are undefeated in the competition so far, and can wrap up the tournament – and the Grand Slam – with a victory regardless of results elsewhere.
Scotland and Italy take to the field in the first match of the weekend with little consequence to the top of the table.
France face Wales knowing anything less than a victory ends their hopes of snatching the title, while Ireland clash with beleaguered England in a bid to secure the trophy on their own terms.
RadioTimes.com brings you all the Six Nations 2023 permutations ahead of this critical weekend.
Six Nations 2023 permutations
How can Ireland win the Six Nations?
A victory for Ireland would secure the Six Nations title – and the Grand Slam – for them, regardless of other results on Super Saturday.
They do not require a bonus point if they simply win the match. Victory without a bonus point would take them to an unassailable 23 points.
- If Ireland beat England with or without a bonus point, Ireland win the Six Nations and the Grand Slam.
- If Ireland lose to England with a bonus point, Ireland win the Six Nations if France fail to beat Wales with a bonus point and 20-point swing in the PD column.
- If Ireland lose to England without a bonus point, Ireland win the Six Nations if France fail to beat Wales A) with a bonus point B) without a bonus point and 20-PD swing.
- Alternatively, Ireland will automatically win the Six Nations before kicking off this weekend if France fail to beat Wales.
How can France win the Six Nations?
France's job this weekend is very, very simple: win. If they beat Wales with a bonus point, they would go one point clear of Ireland in the table. If they win without a bonus point, they draw level with Ireland.
- If France win with a bonus point, they can win the Six Nations if Ireland lose to England without a bonus point, or if Ireland lose to England with a bonus point but inferior points difference to France.
- If France win without a bonus point, their only hope is for Ireland to lose without a bonus point and for a 20-point swing in the PD column.
Six Nations 2023 on TV this weekend
Saturday 18th March
Scotland v Italy (12:30pm) BBC One / S4C
France v Wales (2:45pm) ITV1 / S4C
Ireland v England (5pm) ITV1
Six Nations 2023 results
Saturday 4th February
Wales 10-34 Ireland
England 23-29 Scotland
Sunday 5th February
Italy 24-29 France
Saturday 11th February
Ireland 32-19 France
Scotland 35-7 Wales
Sunday 12th February
England 31-14 Italy
Saturday 25th February
Italy 20-34 Ireland
Wales 10-20 England
Sunday 26th February
France 32-21 Scotland
Saturday 11th March
Italy 17-29 Wales
England 10-53 France
Sunday 12th March
Scotland 7-22 Ireland