Fans of the hit game Apex Legends can now jump into Season 9, which has landed in the game and brought with it plenty of changes.
The Battle Royale game has been growing in popularity recently, alongside similar games Fortnite and Call of Duty: Warzone – with all three giving regular updates to ensure there are new elements for players to discover.
- Read more: Apex Legends characters - the full list
One of the most exciting developments in Apex Legends Season 9 is a strengthening of the connection to the Titanfall universe (where's Titanfall 3 while we're on the subject?). There's also a brand-new 3v3 Arenas mode, which gives you a whole new way to play.
The developers at Respawn have dubbed this new season 'Apex Legends: Legacy' – make of that what you will! And you can read on for the full details on this new season, including the latest patch notes!
Apex Legends Season 9 release date and UK start time
Apex Legends Season 9 began on May 4th, with fans in the UK able try out the new content from 6pm onwards. Of course, that date and time is now in the past, so you should be able to jump on into the game's new content anytime you want from now on. Just watch out for Apex Legends server problems, of which there have been a couple since the new season launched.
- Apex Legends Mobile release date
- Apex Legends Chaos Theory Patch Notes
- Brie Larson Fortnite items revealed
What is new in Apex Legends Season 9?
Remember Titanfall 2's Viper? Well, get ready to meet his daughter - Valkyrie. "Bold, brash, fiery and fierce," according to developers, "Kairi Imahara grew up in the shadow of her father's legacy. But now she's ready to launch her own." Her abilities include VTOL Jets, cluster missile and skyward - so there is plenty for her to do.
Other elements in the new season include a new medium-range combat weapon, the Bocek bow, and a whole new legacy pass – so lots of new skins and XP on the way with that, we hope.
As for Olympus, it's all change there. It appears that the map has some new and interesting problems for the players to deal with – if this description is anything to go by: "an infestation has sprung loose, strangling the city with roots and natural growths".
- For the latest news and expert tips on getting the best deals this year, take a look at our Black Friday 2021 and Cyber Monday 2021 guides.
Apex Legends Season 9 Patch Notes
The full patch notes for Apex Legends Season 9 are very long, and you can read them over on the EA website's official Apex Legends blog post. They explain everything you need to know about Valkyrie, Arenas, and other new features such as Emotes.
Of particular interest to returning fans will be the bug fixes that impact pre-existing Legends, so we've included those in full below. Here are the changes, in the words of EA:
- Bloodhound: Fixed an issue with the Tactical UI not showing while in Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Pathfinder: Gas Traps and Jump Pads will no longer float into the sky when placed next to a zipline.
- Wraith: Slight wall bumps no longer inadvertently cancel Wraith’s tactical.
- Mirage: Decoys no longer die after a tick of thermite damage.
- Octane: Ordinances will no longer get stuck and disappear when being bounced off of Jump Pads. Death Totems will no longer bounce when a Jump Pad is placed under it. Players will no longer have weapons drawn if they are knocked as they enter the Fight Night ring via a Jump Pad. Updated Octane’s Helicopter emote to correctly remove his leg for which he is using it to do said helicoptering.
- Wattson: Fixed the “Extend” prompt for Watson’s fences not appearing in certain situations. Haute Drop skin will no longer block view when reloading the Sentinel.
- Loba: Fixed more areas where Loba’s Bracelet fails. Red Handed skin on consoles will now properly animate.
- Rampart: Mobile Respawn Beacon now has proper collision with Amped Cover. Jumping on and off a damaged Shiela will no longer transfer the flame effect to your weapon.
- Horizon: Players will no longer have weapons drawn if they are knocked as they enter the fight night ring via a Gravity Lift. 1x holo sight will no longer block view when using certain skins. Fixed an issue with NEWT not getting refunded if it immediately dies due to a bad spot.
- Fuse: 1x holo sight will no longer block view when using certain skins.
- Flatline: Part of the iron sight was being displayed over the whole weapon.
- Prowler: Supply Drop Prowler can now toggle fire modes.
- Sentinel: Moved tool tips to not overlap hop up icons. Fixed a graphical issue when swapping to Sentinel.
- Misc: Fixed a menu issue with the advanced look options being hidden. Survey beacons will now appear on the map when teammates are respawned.
We'll bring you more Apex Legends news as we hear it! In the meantime, this Devstream video might help you wrap your head around the new season:
Check out some of the best subscription deals in gaming below:
- Get unlimited gaming with Utomik 3 month subscription for £13.49
- Buy Nintendo Switch Online 12 months membership for £14.99
- Get a 14-day trial of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £2.99
- Get PS Plus 12 months at CDKeys for £43.99
Looking for something to watch? See our TV Guide.