Guten Morgen to Piers Morgan.
The journalist and broadcaster is taking a seat next to Susanna Reid all this week while regular Good Morning Britain presenter Ben Shepherd is away.
Morgan’s debut was always going to cause a stir, especially in that cranky post-shower-pre-breakfast period, but surprisingly our timelines this morning weren’t just full of the usual Twi-vitriol.
Here is just a bowlful of the reactions to Piers Morgan’s first GMB appearance.
1. The first, unpleasant shock at seeing Piers so early in the morning.
Great. Piers Morgan on #GMB ? my Monday is ruined.
— growingpains (@Jodieonetwo) April 13, 2015
2) The acceptance that this man is filling a function in your life.
— Stu Harling ???? (@StuartHarling) April 13, 2015
4) The joy that, for once, people aren’t talking about what Susanna Reid is wearing.
— KP (@KP24) April 13, 2015
— Jo L (@jllaurie) April 13, 2015
5) The inner turmoil when you realise that Piers might actually be good at his job.
— Jonathan Haynes (@JonathanHaynes) April 13, 2015
And I'm even more disappointed that Piers Morgan is actually quite good on Good Morning Britain #GMB
— Ian Hyland (@HylandIan) April 13, 2015
6) Coupled with the knowledge that, at any moment, you could do something you regret.
I can't come in to work today
I saw Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain and jammed the remote control into my retina
— Dan (@ehdannyboy) April 13, 2015
7) The confusion of trying to critically assess a television personality while eating cereal.
— Brian Pilton (@BrianPilton) April 13, 2015
. @piersmorgan presenting on Good Morning Britain. Like a slug of poison added to your cornflakes!
— Six foot chicken (@Sixfootchicken) April 13, 2015
@susannareid100 piers Morgan thinks your flirting! I don’t think he knows much about when a woman is uninterested! Truly a giggle today!
— Vin (@VinnieMua) April 13, 2015
9) The first thought we all have when someone starts trending on Twitter.
that little surge of excitement when you see that Piers Morgan is trending but, alas, he's just on telly.
— Rick Edwards (@rickedwards1) April 13, 2015
Free Speech, Rick?
10) The relief when it’s all over.
Well….that was different. When are you back @benshephard?
— Susanna Reid (@susannareid100) April 13, 2015
Soon Susanna. Soon.