Team will.i.am and Team Rita Ora are ready and raring for the quarter finals after both coaches secured their final three singers tonight.
Their three remaining singers have beaten the spinning chairs, hopped into the ring for the battle rounds and have tonight survived the knockouts. Now they just need to win, then hopefully break the mould and mix things up in the music charts. No pressure, then.
But Saturday was a sadly a night of goodbyes. Eight went down to three in both teams and some pretty swell singers were shown the door. Sadly this included the stunning YouTube sensation Esmeé Denters and returning auditionee Ryan Green.
So here’s a rundown of the first six quarter-finalists, with a little reminder of their vocals:
1. Lucy O’Byrne – the opera singer was saved in the Battle Rounds by will.i.am after singing Andrew Lloyd Webber’s hit Memory.
2. Vikesh Champaneri – will.i.am originally stole the singer from Team Ricky, after Vikesh lost out to his Battle Round opponent Letitia George.
3. Sheena McHugh – she’s sailed through the rounds ever since her first performance of Drake.
1. Joe Woolford – Joe went up against his friend Ryan Green in the Battle Round, and lived to sing another day.
2. Karis Thomas – Rita has backed the 16-year-old since day one
3. Clark Carmody – Clark’s decision to stick with Rita from the Blind Auditions has paid off, even though Sir Tom originally wanted him on his team