The Masked Singer has rocked the nation ever since the UK version debuted this year.
With the UK series recently coming to an end – after Queen Bee’s Nicola Roberts was crowned as the very first winner – fans might be missing their fix of the zany music show.
But fear not, the US version has kicked off series three, and it’s already got everyone talking.
So, where can viewers watch it? And is it as wild as the UK series?
Who are the contestants on The Masked Singer US?
- Theories: Lance Bass, Carson Daly, Pharrell Williams
- Clues: Gold costume could be significant
- Theories: Jason Bateman, Johnny Bananas, Bret Michaels, David Dobrik, Barry Williams
- Clues: Poisonous pufferfish, blue collar, bus
- Theories: Cardi B, Mandy Moore, Kylie Jenner, Melanie Martinez
- Clues: Female
- Theories: Seth MacFarlane, Jim Carrey, Bow Wow, Chris “Daddy Mac” Smith
- Clues: Platinum record on the wall, treadmill, $106 which could be a reference to Bow Wow’s time on 106 & Park
- Theories: Kelly Rowland, Jordyn Woods, Kylie Minogue, Angela Simmons, Lindsay Lohan, Natalie Imbruglia
- Clues: Australia, recently lost a loved-one, in spotlight for wrong reasons
- Theories: Elizabeth Berkley, Kate Bosworth, Jane Seymour, Mila Kunis, Elizabeth Gillies, Sabrina Carpenter, Kate Bosworth
- Clues: Eyes on the costume are different colours, pirate-filled clue VT, possible showgirl
- Theories: Jeffree Star, Kathy Griffin, Cyndi Lauper
- Clues: Intricate costume, big personality
- Theories: John Travolta, Nick Jonas, Kevin Hart
- Clues: Pilot/loves to fly
- Theories: Bjork, Jessica Simpson, Kelly Rowland, Natalie Portman
- Clues: Likes to party
- Theories: Bob Saget, Tom Bergeron, LeBron James, Danny Trejo, George Lopez, Guy Fieri
- Clues: Trolly and VHS tapes in the clue VT
- Theories: Neil Patrick Harris, Jeff Goldblum, Tom Hiddleston
- Clues: Shakespearean-themed costume, theatre-based?
- Theories: Zac Efron, Donnie Wahlberg, Jesse McCartney, Aziz Ansari, Billie Joe Armstrong
- Clues: Surrounded by newcomers at the start of career, wants to make a big splash, people wants him to act a certain way, Alpha and Omega, bat, rocker-style costume
- Theories: Rob Gronkowski, John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Brad Garrett, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- Clues: Sought perfection, Boston/New England, dancing heals his body after a beating, foam fingers, knows how to work a crowd, No. 87 on his jersey
- Revealed as Dionne Warwick
When did The Masked Singer start?
The American version of the show begun airing on February 2 with its third season.
Each week characters like Miss Monster, Kangaroo and White Tiger take to the stage for their performances.
The show premiered with an 11:30pm late start after the 2020 Super Bowl, and so far, there have been seven unmaskings.
Lil Wayne was the first contestant to be unveiled as the show’s Robot, followed by US comedian Drew Carey, who was revealed to be The Llama, and singing sensation Chaka Khan who was behind the mask of Monster.
“It was hard, work I gotta be honest. I would not suggest anybody older than 10 do this,” Chaka Khana told TV Guide on her experience.
American skateboarder Tony Hawk was then revealed as the show’s Elephant, followed by Dionne Warwick – who was behind the costume of The Mouse – and television personality Tom Bergeron, better known as Taco on the series.
Most recently, Sarah Palin was discovered to be the show’s Bear.
The former governor of Alaska well and truly shocked fans when took off her bear mask after rapping the lyrics “I like big butts and I cannot lie” from Sir Mix-A-Lot’s Baby Got Back.
“This might be the most shocked I’ve ever been on this show,” admitted Nick who has hosted the Fox series for three seasons.
Speaking of her experience on the show, Sarah admitted it was the “weirdest thing” she’s ever done, but it was “all fun.”
She added: “It’s unity, all good. Something our country needs right now.”
She then performed the song again, but this time without her mask, and Nick joined in as her hype man/ back up dancer.
Who’s on the judging panel of The Masked Singer US?
Like the UK version, the judging panel consists of some very talented individuals, including singer-songwriter Robin Thicke, television personality Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg, singer Nicole Scherzinger and actor comedian Ken Jeong – who is also a judge on the UK series. US actor Nick Cannon also hosts the show.
Occasionally, there are guest panellists who join the judges as the fifth guest.
So far, singer Jamie Foxx and Orange Is The New Black star Jason Biggs have guest starred on the show.
How do I watch The Masked Singer US?
The American version of the show is available to stream via Hulu and Fox.
Following its premiere, The Masked Singer now airs at its usual time of 8pm on Wednesday.
And for those who are unable to stream live, they can catch up online.
The Masked Singer US is on Fox, Wednesdays at 8pm